It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

Mandarra HB UserMandarra HB User
Something wrong with my brain....??

Here goes my health anxiety. For the last couple of days I've been reversing numbers at work. I was doing books when I wrote 93 instead of 39 and when a customer was paying for something I punched the reverse amount into the direct payment machine, what the heck? Has anyone else experienced this brain drain? Is this peri or do I have something else going on.
Mary

Old 07-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Re: Something wrong with my brain....??

Hi,

Oh trust me it's not your brain. I get terrible bouts with brain fog and doing as you. I even said once to hubby I think I am dyslexic in my older age here lol. I do the reversal thing off and on when I am, as I say, having a bad brain day. It's all part of peri. At this point, nothing surprises me what our bodies can do during this. scary thing is, I feel it will only get worse for me since I am worse peri symptoms lately. I am 45. Makes me wonder how bad all our symptoms will get as we progress along.

Good luck to you and don't worry. There is nothing wrong with you. I think we tend to feel more overwhelmed during peri and naturally get this brain thing going on cause we're more overwhelmed with all our symptoms. If that makes sense?

Hugs
slimseeker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

[QUOTE=slimseeker]Hi,

Thanx so much for responding, this was starting to freak me out. Even when I'm typing it's a joke. I hope this doesn't last too long. Right now I'm having the worst cold chills in July!! I'm going to get my duvet out because every time I move I start shaking. Sooo nice this peri menopause.
Have a great weekend.
Luv, Mary

Old 07-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

hi,
join the club. the other day i was looking for the lid for my blender. i couldn't find it anywhere, so i decided to use a small plate. i went to put the plate on the top of the blender and there was the lid. right on the blender. i also have an intermittent problem remembering proper nouns. i can describe the item but i can't think of the word. it all comes and goes. fun!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

I was just talking to my husband last night about this very thing. I am 50 now, but during the time of 42 to 48, I was in the throws of perimenopause and suffered brain fog, panic attacks and depression, plus all the other crap. So much so, that I had to quit work and seek help. As I look back, I know now for a fact that is was all do to going through peri. I no longer have those symptoms. I think that the fluctuation of hormones causes it. Once you are through that faze, you will come out the other side feeling much better and able to cope.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
(female)

Oh Mommabee you give me hope. Some people say that the worst symtoms come after your period stops, this frightens me as my periods are still regular. I guess everyone is different so I'll hope for the best. The other day I went shopping and had three bags in my hand, came home with only two. I don't have a clue what happened to the other bag which had some very expensive face creams in it. I've never lost a bag before.

Mary

Old 07-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
(female)

Korikins HB User

Oh I hope the worst symptoms aren't after your periods stop all together! I'm having some now I can't hardly handle. lol

Kori

Old 07-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

I am so glad I saw this thread. I've been doing the reverse number/letter thing too! Geez, I was getting worried. Is there anything these crazy hormones DON'T DO?

I am so glad when I read posts about women who are past peri and doing better. I'm 43 and so depressed-- like the best years really are over because sometimes it feels like there is no end in sight.

I think the Lexapro I started recently might be starting to work some... I hope so.... I feel like this peri is really making me age- does anyone else ever feel like that?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
(female)

Korikins HB User

Misty....I'm 48 and I feel like my life is pretty much done. It's an awful feeling. I think it's just the depression part of it and having to deal with all these symptoms.

I'm hoping I come out of this a hot 50 year old ready for action and fun.

Kori

Old 07-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

It is an awful feeling Kori, and I know what you mean.

Have you talked to your doctor about an antidepressant? I just went that route recently.... less than two weeks, but I think (hope) it might be helping some. I still feel old..... just more accepting of it, lol.... kinda.

Speaking of hot 50 year olds... did you know Christy Brinkley is 50? She still looks fantastic! Too bad her husband turned out to be scum. She looks great though.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #11
(female)

klawk316 HB User

Hello ladies,
Sure am glad I logged into this thread, Iím releaved to hear that Iím not the only one..

Iíve been post menopause since I was 49 (now 52). The peri years were an absolute hell for me. If I had been working I would have had to quit. My sleeping patterns were very disrupted and my failing memory a great concern. I really thought I was becoming dementia. Now, my memory has returned some. Although, I still have bouts of memory loss. I do things like, drive with my windows up, with no air on, and complain of the heat. Walk into a room, realize that it is kindof dark, and not turn on the lights until my daughter recommends it. Words can be hard to come by. Yesterday I pointed to a picture of a roaster and asked my daughter, ďwhat is it calledĒ. Then I also have bouts of a great memory, long and short. I just donít get it. Is there anyone else with the fluctuating memory. Karen.

Closed Thread