It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User
sleeping problems?

Does anyone get a burning discomfort (like heat inside my chest) in their chest that awakens you when sleeping? It seems to go along with hot flashes in the night. I have it so often lately that I wake up several times in the night and every time I wake up in the morning. The burning lasts for about 2 min. and then eases up. I have had heart tests so my heart seems to be ok. I don't get the burning in my chest during the day but I do get hot flashes during the day. Anyone else have this ever? I can't find this listed anywhere as a symptom. I have a hard enough time sleeping as I'm sure a lot of you do too. I know it's not acid reflux as it's different than that.

Thanks!
Harmony

Last edited by Harmony5; 07-23-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: sleeping problems?

Sorry no one has responded to your question. I haven't really experienced this same symptom, but there are so many peri symptoms, it sounds like one of them! Especially if it goes along with a hot flash. Does it happen every night or just some nights? I know you mentioned it's not acid reflux, but if it only happens sometimes, maybe it is related to something like your diet. If it happens every night, it could just be that's how you experience a hot flash. I've seen posts where some women experience other things like heart flutters, etc. right before the hot flash.

Maybe others will have more to offer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is happening every night and seems to go along with hot flashes but sometimes the chest burning is more prominent than the hot flash itself. I get hot flashes during the day but not the chest burning pain. It's an odd symptom and doesn't look like so far there are others who experience this with the lack of replies - maybe is rare I appreciate your response. I did look up on the Internet after posting this that burning in chest can be a symptom. It must be rare though and is disturbing.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
(female)

Korikins HB User

Harmony, I sometimes get a burning sensation between my shoulder blades, but I just figured it was part of my neck pain that I have. It's rare for me to get that though.

All you can do is have it checked out, and if everything comes up negative, then it's probably just another symptom. I know I never knew until I read this board that someone sent me the link to, that my problem was menapausel. I've had everything but an MRI and all has come up negative, except my blood test for peri.

Kori

Old 07-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Hi Harmony! I have the heart palps and hot flashes as well. I wonder if you are experiencing the flushing that can happen during peri. I have read that flushing can go from your chest up to your head. I would ask your doctor about it. It would make you feel better knowing what it could be.

Peri confuses me so much. So many symptoms. It is hard to believe that hormones can have that great of an impact on us all and in so many different ways. I am glad we have this board to help each other out. We are here for you, Harmony!

pbjmom

Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

Hi Kori and pbjmom!

Thanks so much for your replies! It means a lot to know others understand and is great we can be here for each other.

I have had so many tests recently for other issues, and nothing would indicate anything else but I have not told the dr. about this. I should at least call and ask since it has kept up for so long.

I didn't realize there was a difference in Peri symptoms and menopause symptoms. I should look that up under Peri also then.

Thanks for the help and I hope both of you are doing okay.

Have a great day!

Harmony

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-26-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: I got rid of those pesky extra posts for you!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #7
(female)

klawk316 HB User

I had serious night chest pain after eating fatty foods, and before getting my gall bladder removed. I believe hot flashes can be brought on by any body temperature change; a change in body comfort (including stress) would induce a rise in body temperture. It may help if you watch you diet. Eliminate fatty foods for awhile and see if that helps. Eating before bedtime could also give heartburn. Anti-acids have been a God sent for me. good luck. k

Old 08-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #8
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Question Re: sleeping problems?

Hi Klawk!

Do you think you were having hot flashes due to gall bladder problems? My gyn tells me I am in peri (which I totally believe!) but I am having my gall bladder removed next week. I have had two large gall stones and they have been acting up recently. I am now on a low-fat/non-fat diet until I see the surgeon and have the surgery.

Just wanting to know if your hot flashes were better since you had your gall bladder removed.

Thanks ,
pbjmom

Closed Thread