It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
breast tenderness and bloating.... HELP!!!

I am 54 yrs old and just entering full blown menopause. Up untill May 1st I had pretty reg. periods. Well my last period was on May 1st,but right now i'm feeling like i could start anytime. I have the breast tenderness and fluid retention ( I feel like i look like Pamela Anderson right now ...not the look i'm going for ) Plus it's very painfull. I look and feel 5 months pregnant. I have a friend who went through this and she said i may not have a period and that it will just subside in awhile. . so any suggestions as far as coping with the physical symptoms? Someone suggested Evening Primrose. Has that helped anyone.? Even though i am craving salty foods right now i am staying away from them. How long do you think i'll feel like this before i get some relief? It's been about a week and a half. Thanks .....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
Re: breast tenderness and bloating.... HELP!!!

I have been suffering from the bloating and breast tenderness but not all the time - it comes and goes. May and June were horrendous and like you, I felt awful. My stomach was so distended and my breasts were tender for most of the cycle. This month has been a whole lot better although I am still a bit bloated. I think it has to do with the fluctuating hormone levels. I have also had some spotting mid cycle too as well as a feeling of fuzziness. But the breast tenderness had to be the worst.

Vitamin E works wonders though - about 400 to 800mg when it is at its worst. I take 400g in the morning and it really helps. You'll probably find it comes and goes as it has been with me.

best wishes
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
Re: breast tenderness and bloating.... HELP!!!

I'm definately going to be stocking up on vitamin E. Thanks for the tip. Can't imagine going a whole month or 2 feeling this way! Yikes! I have an appt with a holistic GYN in Sept. i'll pass on any tips I get from her.

Closed Thread