It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
spotting mid cycle/irregular bleeding

Does anyone have problems with spotting in the middle of their cycle? I know this can be one of the many symptoms of peri (of which I have several). For the past five months my periods have been fairly regular but spot always for one or two days on days 11 and 12 and then not again until my period starts. When the spotting occurs I have the mind fog that i get when my period starts and become a bit bloated which then gets better. I am thinking it must be these erratic hormones as also for may and june my breasts were very tender but this month they have been fine.

I will go back to the docs to make sure all is ok but i would appreciate any feedback of anyone experiencing spotting/irregular bleeding.
thanks
linda

Old 07-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: spotting mid cycle/irregular bleeding

I have had this prob since about February...spotting around the time I am/am not ovulating...plus it seems like my periods now end with several days of spotting. I am still regular for the most part, 27-27 days apart but they've gotten much heavier with flooding and some clotting and now the spotting. Add to that during ovulation and when my period is here I have some very weird symptoms...this month its eye problems and dull headaches/nausea...seems to change or add to the ever growing list of more peri symptoms every month. <sigh>
Conni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
(female)

angelavan HB User

I have the spotting too. Last month for 5 days after my period I spotted. A week before my period this month I had a day or 2. My periods too are pretty regular but are getting closer together. Mine are 21-25 day cycle, and are very heavy. I have cramping most of the time, like I could start any min. Have you had periods where you thought you might have to go to the ER. I think sometimes the bleeding is not going to slow down, but after about 30 min to an hour it usually slows down. I guess hormones right now are just going crazy. I know I'm having a list of other symptoms. Hopefully this will not last long for any of us. Angela

Old 07-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Girls,

Just wait until you get 2 periods in one month with some in between spotting. I am since april getting a period every 13 days...really sucks lol. I used to complain about having one a month, but oh boy would I love to go back to that. This twice a month is nuts. I finally have a gyne appt. in 12 days...waited for 3 mos. for it to make sure everything is ok. I am so scared I have something bad wrong.

So, I have a question....do any of you get two periods a month with a day or so of spotting in between??? When this all started back in April I had a period for over 30 days..that sucked!!!! lol I am since getting two a month. I have posted on this bleeding before and have found this is common from others.

Hugs to you all..this too, shall pass!!!
slimseeker

Old 07-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
(female)

pbjmom HB User

I have had the spotting issue as well. Then after a while, the spotting just stuck around for days which turned into the period. At one point, I was going 7 days without spotting or a period. Luckily over the past three months the time in between periods is now over 3 weeks and it lasts only a week. Life is much better with that. I am not constantly buying tampons and feeling yuck from a non-stop period. Peri symptoms are still there and those can make me feel yuck, but at least I am not have the periods.

I am not sure how the spotting works with hormone changes. It just seems to be the wonders of peri that keep us guessing and sweating!!

Thanks for being on the boards, everyone. I feel like I have lots of girlfriends who are there for me!
pbjmom

Old 07-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Add me to the list of problem bleeders. Has anyone found a natural remedy that can help with irregular or heavy bleeding? I hate to take the pill, but my bleeding was so heavy and prolonged I had to do something to stop it. Would really like to find a natural solution to the problem. Natural progesterone cream made things worse for me. Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
(female)

pbjmom HB User

I know you have not had success with the progesterone cream, but that is all I have heard to take. I wish I knew something else. The pill is not something I wanted to take either.

I will check back to see if anyone has advice on that. It would be awesome to know if there was some sort of remedy to help the periods.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Yep, I have had the two periods in one month for a couple months, spotting in between, the 5-7 'dry' days a month...now mine is just every 25-27 with spotting at ovulation time and spotting after the period for a few days. Oh Yippee. My hormones are so screwed up that my whole body is suffering for it...this junk can stop anytime!!
Conni

Old 07-25-2006, 05:12 AM   #9
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi pbjmom,

I have a question for you. How long did you have this irregular period/spotting problem until you started going the 3 weeks without before getting one? I have been like this 3 mos. now also, and am hoping that means I am soon going to be spacing out longer before I get a period.

By the way, I'm assuming pbj stands for peanut butter and jelly??? I love that name. It's so cute!

Have a great day and thanks.

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-25-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Hi Slimsleeker!

The "never-ending period" as I lovingly refer to those times lasted almost 7 or 8 months. I wish I had better news for you than 7- 8 months, but that could be just me and how my cycles went. Then, it went to two weeks, then to three weeks in between cycles. Hopefully yours will lengthen sooner! I am charting my cycles now so that I can see if they are spreading out with each month. I go see a friend/gyno this week to discuss all this. It was originally started to be a second opinion on hysterectomy or edometrial ablation due to the never ending periods, but now with them lengthening out in between and shortening of the actual period, I now want to focus on this perimenopause stuff. I want to avoid surgery if I am going through this naturally.

My screenname comes from twin boys initials that are pb and js. They do love pband j's so the screenname just fit toooooo well! I love your sn, too!

Old 07-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #11
(female)

Guineapig5 HB User

I went through the spotting and irregular bleeding as well, for several years. I was sure that it was due to perimenopause, but it turned out to be polyps. I had them removed last year, and have had no more spotting or bleeding between periods. All of the other **** that goes with peri, but no more irregular bleeding!

Closed Thread