It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

CynAnn HB User
Missed Period-Signs/Symptoms-What To Expect?

Hi,

I'm 46 and periM. I am on day 50 of my cycle...after 1.5 years of a shorter and lite cycle of a routine 23-24 days.

I'm one of those that can *usually* tell when I will start, I'm always on time and when I ovulate it is very notciable.

I could tell that I did ovulate last week, things changed...no dryness, you know the clear discharge during mid-cycle....my is heavy and a slight ping of pain just before.....so I thought, hummmm if this is the case, I should start 14days from this point.

That was during the week of the JULY 17th....figuring I should start around August 1st.

Day 50 (today) I spotted, some spot dark streaks this morning on the paper. Now, several hours later, some pink, lite.....starting to spot.

My question....if I ovulated last week, shouldnt it be at least 2 weeks until my period starts???? wonder why I'm starting 10 days after ovulating????

--just curious....because it all seems so strange to me, I am so use to routine and schedule and I would like to know what to expect during this crazy time. Plus, not only do I have 99.9% of ALL the symptoms of periM, I also always try to anlylize everything! drives my Hubby (who is wonderful!) nuts...LOL

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!!!!

CynAnn
(one bloated, crampy, sleepy, spaced-out, achey, chick with anxiety and major questions of WONDER WHY AND WHAT IF!)

Last edited by CynAnn; 07-25-2006 at 08:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
(female)

Les44 HB User
Re: Missed Period-Signs/Symptoms-What To Expect?

I can sure relate. I'm on day 36 and have had the feeling of a full period every day for the past 36 days. I've come to realize that nothing in peri-m is predictable. After 36 days of PMS I'm just about ready to jump off something very high. Finally seeing a gyno doc for the first time with appt. next week.
I suspect those of us that like or even need schedules in our lives are having the hardest times dealing with this change of life. Guess we need to change our attitudes too.
Les

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User
Re: Missed Period-Signs/Symptoms-What To Expect?

Irregular periods or lack of them or even "phantom periods"(all the symptoms of a period, without blood) are very normal for this stage of peri. I don't even try to think about being normal anymore. My periods would be so out of sync that it was impossible to know which kind of period, if any was coming next.
I am now going to be 50 next month and have only had two very, very light periods this year. So I figure I am on my way to the other side shortly. I do remember though, when they were getting really strange, my ovaries hurt all the time. Like I was ovalulating constantly. But now, that is gone too.
Just hang in there, it will get better!

Closed Thread