It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
boy do i feel bad in the morning

i used to be able to get up about 7 am in a morning, happy and singing along with the radio.
now it takes me all my time to get out of bed and i do feel really bad, dizzy, h/f, no energy and hot with palpitations.
is this normal? i dread getting up in the morning because i know i am going to feel sooooo bad, anyone else feel like this and why is this happening.
i am on hrt but it doesnt seem to help with these crappy mornings.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:47 AM   #2
(female)

heitara HB User
Re: boy do i feel bad in the morning

Yes, my waking up has changed a lot too. I'm lucky because I work at home, therefore I don't have an appointed time for my alarm call. I usually can't regain consciusness before eight-thirty/ nine and, if it's possible, I tend to book appointmens in the afternoon since it takes over two hours for my mind and body to start to function properly. In the morning my sy mptoms are:
Rapid heartbeat, a vague dizziness and nausea, fatigue (already!) brain fog, achy arms/back. And I'm also more prone to anxiety and panic.
Anything else? Lol.

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

sooooooooo glad you replied, i thought it was just me, i too cant seem to get out of bed before 8am and it takes forever for me to get going sometimes i dont want to do anything at all, this is really the pitts

Old 07-26-2006, 03:58 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I used to be a morning person, until 7 years ago, when I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. I'm not saying that peri can't cause this also, because I'm on meds and I'm still not back to the way I used to be, and all the other peri symptoms also now.
I just thought it was worth mentioning. When I went to the doc with my hypo symptoms ( I had never heard of it at that point) - and I told him -

'I just can't get up in the morning anymore - even after going to bed early'

That seemed to be the thing that made him suspect the hypo - extreme fatigue.
Now with menopause knocking at my door, It's just made all that (and more) worse.
Yes, it really it the pits!!!

mary

Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I've been dealing with this morning anxiety and woosie feeling lately. What is interesting is that as the day progress I begin to feel alot better. By the evening I feel well. It would be interesting to learn what occurs with our hormones as we rest and why as the day progresses things seem to even out.

I'm glad that we can find other women here who understand, encourage, and even provide solutions as we transition through this time in our lives.

Last edited by Hopefully; 09-04-2006 at 07:24 AM.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
(female)

Korikins HB User

Hope.....you're like me. I seem to be worse in the mornings as well. I feel my best at night. In the mornings I'll lay in bed and start stressing about having alot to do and it not getting done because I don't feel up to it or that I feel bad.

The wooziness is the worst. It can hit me anytime of the day though, and sometimes only last a few minutes. I don't know if it's related to the neck stiffness or not, but it seems to be.

Kori

Old 07-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Oh wow! I can't believe you described my mornings I also feel bad when I first get up and am achy.

Does anyone else wake up achy too and feel like a 90 yr old women when they first get up. After I am up and about a bit I do feel better.

Good luck. Soon hopefully we'll all be on the other side of this

Hang in there,
hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
(female)

heitara HB User

Here I am. One thirty am and I'm wide awake and feeling great.
Boy, I can relate...
One suggestion for when you go to bed and you lie awake counting the hours left to sleep and thinking how miserable you will feel in the morning. I started to listen to audiobooks and for me it really works. It keeps my mind distracted and the soft lullabye of words shifts me into sleep without me noticing it.
Just a hint....

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 09-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
(female)

dizzybrunette HB User

Dizzy, feel like a hangover, just want to sleep more.....

Old 09-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
(female)

tlily HB User

I can't believe it. I have all the above morning symptoms to/ I also start to feel better around mid morning. the anxiety is just horrible. I wake up anxious. Also I have been suffering with severe acid reflux. I wake up with a burning in my throat and sometimes im ny stomach.

Anyone else have reflux with these morning sypmtopms.

Tlily

Old 09-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
(female)

Barbz615 HB User

Same here. The very first day of this started at approx 5:30 am. I was jolted out of a deeps sleep as if I had a nightmare, don't remember anything ... within an hr of getting out of bed the anxiety kicked in.
The morning symptoms have become a pretty regular thing for me.
Shortly after getting up it would start, shakey, chills, hot feeling skin,(upper body) nausea ............ no need to go on with this list, everyone is very familiar

I've watched doctor after doctor scratch their heads when I tell them about the symptoms happening in the morning and gradually easing as the afternoon approaches. Usually by later afternoon it's gone I'm pretty worn out after the ordeal but I'm finally ready to start my day

The Following User Says Thank You to Barbz615 For This Useful Post:
Gitte (07-16-2012)
Old 09-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
(female)

danigirl HB User

chilli, exactly! And like you, thank goodness I work at home too because if I still had a job I had to go to, I don't know what I would do! I wake up with fatique, muscle and joint pain and all of the symptoms you've described. I wonder if it has something to do with being at rest all night, and as the day progresses we feel better because of circulation, etc??

Old 09-04-2006, 02:00 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

i wonder if it is something to do with the body shuttting down when you go to sleep and then its trying to kick start itself in the morning, does this sound weird

Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I just thought that I'd share this with you ladies...for about the last two weeks I've switched from taking calcium and magnesium tablets to taking the powdered form and I've noticed improvement with how I feel in the morning. I've noticed a decrease in the hangover, woosie, lethargic, cotton head feeling that I get first thing in the morning. Of course I'm still in the trial and error stage...Now if I could find some way to stop this profuse sweating that occurs first thing in the morning. This too shall surely pass .

Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #15
(female)

danigirl HB User

hopefully, is this a calcium/magnesium blend? How do you take it? Both morning and evening? Sorry for all the questions, but I think there is something to this. I was taking a chewable calcium/mag/vit 4 tablet for awhile both in the morning and evening, and recently ran out and switched to tablets with water. I have found I don't feel as well; hmmmm....maybe our bodies absorb the powdery forms better. Let me know on this and how many mg. it is each time. You don't have to give me a brand name, I will try and find it at my health food store.

Closed Thread