It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 05:11 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
whats wrong with my vision

sorry i am having to ask you ladies another question, but my vision is really bad.
i cant seem to focus properly, its really frightening, everything seems blurred.
i do wear glasses and i am going to get my eyes checked again but this seems different somehow.
i find i have to take my glasses off to see things closely, i am short sighted, so when i take my glasses off i am blind
do any of you have this vision problem, i am driving my husband crazy worrying about it.
a few weeks ago i asked my doctor, she checked my eyes and said she couldnt see anything wrong, but they do water and are sometimes sore.
my vision just seems off

Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

angelavan HB User
Re: whats wrong with my vision

I seem to have the same thing. Watery eyes and blurred vision. I know mine is usually when I am tired or I have been on the computer or reading a book a lot. It may just be a part of our eyes getting older w/ the rest of us. Plus our hormones being crazy does not help. If you have had your Dr check on them and there is no problem I would try not to worry about. Of course that is easier said than done. Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I've always worn glasses (since age 4), and my vision has never been that great even with the glasses. SInce I've hit peri, my eyes are much different - I've had to get bi-focals and I have the blurry - watery thing happening. I'm due for another eye exam, but my RX never seems to change, even though I feel like my vision is worse.
I do work on a computer all day, so I'm sure this doesn't help. And of course I'm on the computer most evenings - (checking this board). So I guess if I laid off the computer a bit, I might get some relief. LOL !!!

Mary

Old 07-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Chilli, thanks for starting this post. I also wear glasses and I remember the day, a couple of years ago, when I noticed that my vision was different. Notice I didn't say changed because I've been to several eye doctors over the last 3 years and my vision has not changed. I saw the doctor last week and once again my vision is basically the same. It's been the same for more years than I can remember.

So I'll just have to blame perimenopause for the blurr, burning, sometimes watery, sometimes dry, vision issues that I've been dealing with since my hormones went on a vacation without me .

It's good to be able to come to this board and find others who understand...I wish we weren't going through this, but at least we're in good company .

Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

My vision has definitely changed a lot in the last year. You may be getting farsighted along with being nearsighted. I wear contacts/glasses. If I have my contacts at full strength where I can see 20/20, then I can't see a damn thing close up. So I actually undercorrect one of my eyes (still see okay with both eyes), so that I can read normall size print close up. I use cheapy magnifying reading glasses for smaller print (like newspaper). I also decided not to upgrade my regular glasses (that I only wear at night) because they are weaker and I can still read okay up close (but then the TV is a little blurry ).

It is frustrating sometimes, I just feel like I can see far away OR close up!

Also, usually in late summer, my eyes have an allergic reaction to something in the air which makes them dry and itchy and blurs my vision (especially when I have my contacts in). I get eye drops from my eye doctors. Is your doctor checking for allergies also?

Old 07-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
(female)

Korikins HB User

I'm sure my vision has been affected. A couple of years ago I went from just being near sighted to now having to wear progressive lens, which I hate. I also developed dry eye syndrome.

I did notice since taking Omega 3 tabs that my eyes aren't watering as much, or itching. I do have pains in them, like the muscles that move the eyes hurt or are sore. Since from day to day I have different pains, I just chalk it up to the peri.

I'm on the computer alot as well and I know this doesn't help my eyes.....or my neck stiffness. I have to **** my head back a bit to see the computer screen clearly through the bottom of my progressive lenses. So you with neck pain make sure you're not doing this as well.

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. It helps us all. I'm still learning all I can, and will ask a ton of questions myself.

Kori

Closed Thread