It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
hello,peri menopause information

hello, my name is brid, i am in the lyme disease board for , this time peri menopause brings me here, this is my story, 4 months ago, my period was late, like 10 days, and i had little pink spots, very very light, so i though was my period, was like that for 2 days, and then gone.. very very small, like drops, then never got my period that month, the next month i got my period, then 37 days later, again, and 10 days after it was gone, i had the small pimk spots again.. on july, this month never got my period..so 3 weeks ago, i had the hormones test, LH- i have 23, the range is 3.0 to 20, FSH 27, range 3.0'20, prolactin 9 the range 3-18, and ESTRADIOL 17 range is 100 to 400, and 50 to 150, i went to 2 ginecologist and they just say not to worry, but i do worry because i am very hot all the time, i wake up in the middle of the nigh feeling very hot and sometimes sweating a little bit, and the thing is i live in peru, south america and is winter here, i dress like summer!so i saw and endocrine doctor and tol me to take some pills for 5 days and then get tested again, i have the name of the pills in spanish, the name is citrato de clomifeno,i dont know if any of you are familiar with it, says that the most common side affects are vision problems and nausea..i also have rapid heart beats for a year, but only in the last 2 weeks i am starting to get very hot most of the day, also leg pains, and like leg electricity, does it sound familiar?' i also feels sometimes very hot in my back, like a fire, it lasts for about 2 minutes.. i am 39 years old, i would apprecieate any advice because i am soo new in these and dont know anything about it, sorry for my bad english, i hope you guys understand me, thanks a lot
brid

p.s- forgot to mention, i was always on time on my periods, and always lasted 7 days...

Last edited by brid; 07-26-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
Re: hello,peri menopause information

is amazing that 55 peolple have read my post, and not even one person talks back.....

Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Wink Re: hello,peri menopause information

Hi Brid..... what you described sounds very much like early peri which usually last from 5 to 7 yrs. Just keep going to your gyn/ob for all your test and let nature take it's long course. Good luck sweetie I know it's rough I have been going through it for 6 yrs now and have fibroids on top of that.... Have opted to have a hystrectomy because I'm so close to menopause and have cervical cancer....May God bless you through your journey......

Old 07-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi deeraysmon, thank you for your words,and wish you very good luck with your problems, all my prayers for you!!!! god bless you too

Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #5
(female)

heitara HB User

Hello Brid, don't worry about your english, I'm italian and my english is horrible but the nice ladies of this board seem to understand me very well
Yours definitely sound like peri-menopause symptoms. I've been having them for the past four years and I hope to be getting close to "the other side". Hot flashes don't know seasons. It can be snowing outside and yet you will feel sweatting and hot as if it were the warmest day of the summer. Be patient, cuddle yourself, don't ask your periods to be on time (they will start to come at random, last at random, be heavy or light at random) and when you feel discouraged or in need of an embrace, come here.
Hang in there baby!

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi heitara, than you!yes, is sooo anoying!!!and i guess is just the beggining... how do you comfort your symptoms? have you ever taken the pills that you take 5 days? those are to make your ovaries work...hugs

Closed Thread