It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

heitara HB User
My period, another time!

My period started today after eleven days from the end of last one. It's hot in here, I'm working like a dog and another period was the last thing I needed. It's been the second time it happened in five months. The good thing about last time is that after the double course I had two months period-free! Does this happen often? Am I supposed to expect to have months like this for a long time? Does this mean I'm getting closer?
Tonight I'm only sweatting and feeling frustrated....

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: My period, another time!

My periods have been very irregular over the last 4 years. I've had spotting for 31 days, no period for 54 days, and now my periods are coming every 28 days and lasting about 4 days verses the usual 7 days. I know another woman who is also going through perimenopause and she has her period every 19 days.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some rhyme, reason, or pattern that would let us know that the end is within a couple of months or weeks? Hopefully you are close to the end .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

slimseeker HB User

I posted concern for this same thing recently. In April I got a normal period. It lasted 3 days. Then 9 days later I just instantly flooded out of nowhere, which lasted a few hours and had after that spotting and then heavier that went on almost 40 days. Since then I have been getting a period every 10-15 days...two a month. Gosh, I thought one a month was bad before lol. I was really concerned until I have read this is quite common during peri. I finally have my gyno appt. in 8 days after waiting 3 mos. for it...Just to make sure nothing more serious is wrong.

Good luck to you. I can only hope and pray for that first missed period..{sigh} I hope you're soon on the other side.

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

I too have gotten two periods in one month. I have never been lucky as to have gone a month without a period. I am really looking forward to that day!

Old 07-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
(female)

Korikins HB User

The last few years my period had gotten closer together and shorter. I'd go a few days, quit for one, then it would start again for one day. Now it is longer inbetween and shorter. I'm just glad it never got really heavy like some have. I can take the irregularity, but I wouldn't like it heavier or longer.

I'd take almost anything over some of the other symptoms I have though. The wooziness and anxiety stinks!

Kori

Old 07-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Well I got my period again after just 16 days. It happened last month too. I hope it goes back to monthly because I hate to go to the gyne to get it checked out.

I just had a lump in my breast that had to be checked out. I had to go for a mammo, ultrasound, then a needle biopsy, and off to pathology. My insurance stinks so this has cost me $1100 out of pocket.

I would hate to think what the uterine biopsy would cost just to find out that it is perimenopause. So I am crossing my fingers that this irregularity goes away so I will not be forced to get this checked out for peace of mind.

Any ideas on how to help get the whacky hormones unwhacked?

Old 07-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

What you all are experiencing is VERY normal. Irregular periods happen because your ovaries are starting to stop making hormones. You can't count on having anything regular from here on out.
I went through everything that you have, starting at 43, and I am now just about to turn 50 and I do see some light finally at the end of this ride. I have had only 2, very, very light periods (1 day each) this year so far. When my periods finally started skipping last year, I had alot of ovary pain. I thought I was ovalating all the time. I think they were just sputtering their last breaths...LOL!
Anyway, I just wanted to give you some hope that this will pass. Almost every woman that has posted here, is going through pretty much the same thing. But understand that your periods are starting to cease and you just need to go with the 'flow'! Sorry for the pun!
Hang in there, Ladies!

Starting the other side! Hot Flashes!! UGH!
MommaBee

Old 07-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Dear Mommabee:

Thank you for the reassurance. I am 49 and am starting to get periods earlier (from 21 days to 16 days) instead of later. How many months/years did it take you getting earlier periods before you started skipping monthly periods?

Closed Thread