It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

Createyourlife HB User
Rejuvenated sex life and periods?

Hi, everyone,

Yesterday I started what appears to be another period just about 10 days after the last one ended. I'm 47 and my periods have been getting closer together, about every 3 weeks, but this is the first time this has happened.

After reading the messages on the board, I'm relieved to see that this is not completely uncommon given my age, but I'm seeing the doctor just in case (time for my annual anyway).

Here's another part of this question. After years of abstinence (not on purpose, it just sort of worked out that way) I've met a wonderful man and let's just say I'm making up for lost time. We've been together a few months and we have sessions that last sometimes hours at a time. Yesterday we were together twice, in the morning and again last night, and that's when I noticed the bleeding. Could this be in any way related? We use condoms for birth control, I'm not on any BCP or hormones.

Thanks,

Britt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
(female)

Korikins HB User
Re: Rejuvenated sex life and periods?

Britt, it's nice to know someone my age who is single and still having sex! I miss it. lol

Anyway, I doubt the sex would make your period start sooner, but when I was close to my period and had sex, it would bring it on. Maybe it's the bumping against the cervix that causes it or having orgasms.

My periods got closer together at first, but now they are farther apart and shorter.

I'd talk to your doctor or gyno when you have your checkup about this.

Congrats on meeting a wonderful man. Maybe there's still hope for me!

Kori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

Createyourlife HB User
Re: Rejuvenated sex life and periods?

I have an appt with my gyno Aug 10, so I'll ask him then, but it's a bummer to finally have a sex life again and be getting my period every two weeks!!

(I tried for a long time to meet someone with no luck, then I decided to try Yahoo personals again and voila! I met someone who lives just 10 minutes away. We would have never met under normal conditions, so don't give up!)

Closed Thread