It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 04:57 AM   #1
(female)

Ariannalie HB User
vitamins for skin etc

I am 52 and just was told I had to go off the low dose birth control pill, I am very nervous doing this since it controlled hot flashes - since I have been on it for the past 6 years or so, I expect to get lots of symptoms.
Before I ask the Dr. for another hormone, I want to hear how natural vitamins have worked for people - does it help to take all these extra vitamins such as B12, co-enzyme etc etc.

The other question is - I am concerned about what will happen to my skin, has anyone tried the vitamins for the skin? Do they work? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
(female)

Wizard HB User
Re: vitamins for skin etc

Hi:

I have to say that the only part of me that isn't falling apart, is my skin. It's clear, smooth and looks fabulous.

I take flax seed oil, Omega 3-6-9, B-Stress vitamin, magnesium and a multivitamin, I also make sure that every day I exercise and get in a fair share of the very colourful veggies and fruits, like red/yellow peppers. brocolli, blueberries etc.

I also make sure a use sunscreen on my face every day, regardless of the weather.

Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi, I swear by the Olay skin and wellness vitamins. I started them about 2 months ago. I have been recently gettting compliments on how much better my face has been looking and younger. I don't have the blemishes and my skin is clear and just healthy looking.

As far as controling my peri symptoms, I so far have only used when needed soy isoflavones. I have found my best defense is watching my eating (healthy eating) and exercise though. When I go through a day or two of the night sweats and symptoms I start popping my soy and I do improve.

That what is helping me so far.

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 07-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

From what I've read (and from my own experience) it seems the worst thing for skin aging after the loss of estrogen is sun damage. The thing I notice most about my skin is the effects of the sun. I'm an avid user of sunscreen (I use a moisterizer with 20 spf under my makeup) and try to drink lots of water (hardly ever drink sodas, sugery drinks or caffeine).

Closed Thread