It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

sunshine8790 HB User
Question Re: Natural Menopause Solutions

I've just started having peri symptoms the last 8 months or so...weight gain, anxiety, anger, irritability, depression, stomach issues, frustration, insomnia...I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind. I had a hormone test done, and it showed that my hormone level is fine, but I know it isn't...It's not normal to feel the way I've been feeling..........I'm not taking anything yet, I don't know where to start. I know I don't want to take hormone replacement therapy, I want to go the all natural way. Any advice would be helpful, I'm 42 years old.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

LStorms HB User
Re: Natural Menopause Solutions

Dear Sunshine8790

I too am just entering perimenopause. I started having symptoms about 3 months ago. Not mentioning I'm 45 with a 4 year old. I've been on natural progesterone about 9 months now, but not sure if I'm using it right. I'm dealing with anxiety, fear, nervousness, just now getting the hot flashes. My doctor wants me to try Serafem, but I'm not sure I want to go that route. When I get these feelings I pinch off a piece of Xanax. This usually last about 2-3 days usually every other week. I think I might try the magnesium, calcium and fish oil and see if this reduces my symptoms. My sister takes Lexapro everyday and it works for her, but I'd rather not take a pill everyday. I'd like to know when will all these symptoms disappear. This board has really helped me, cause I thought I was the only one with these problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
(female)

Korikins HB User
Re: Natural Menopause Solutions?

Sun.....I don't know what to do either. I don't want to go on HRT, and from what I've been reading, the natural stuff seems to only work for certain symptoms....like hot flashes, which of all the symptoms, it's one of the few I don't have. I'm not sure if natural hormones work for anxiety or stress.

I'm doing the mag, calcium and fish oil too. I am feeling better, but I don't know if that's doing it or not.

Good luck!

Kori

Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

You should check out these two books at the library. They really helped me.

BEfore the Change: Taking Charge of your perimenopause by Anne Gittleman

What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause by Dr. John Lee

They are very informative and list natural supplements that help for particular symptoms.

The Following User Says Thank You to Belle2003 For This Useful Post:
Ramentkae (09-20-2012)
Old 08-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

hi sunshine and korins. i can only speak personally on what seems (fingers crossed) to have helped me enormously. after browsing the thread on natural menopause solutions i started taking a supplement made specifically for 'us' , an own-brand thing from a large national chemist chain here in england containing all the things recommended, calcium, magnesium, etc., along with cod liver oil. this was about 4-5 months ago, and although it's not a cure-all, it has certainly helped with all my symptoms, including the hot flashes (now down to about 6 a day), the panic and anxiety, the sleep disturbance. only last week i had a conversation about how i really do feel almost human again. i would definately give these things a go for at least 3 months, you've nothing to lose and everything to gain. good luck.

sue

The Following User Says Thank You to liverpool sue For This Useful Post:
Ramentkae (09-20-2012)
Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

I also read the book "What your Doctor didn't tell you..." a few years ago and it made me rethink my diet. I was eating way too many processed carbs. I'm also taking magnesium, calcium and fish/flax oils, plus a few others not necessarily linked to peri, like a multi-vitamin. My previous gyno, who liked the natural route also, told me about a product that contains GABA, which is supposed to help anxiety. I did research on it and found conflicting theories, but I was desparate at the time, having anxiety attacks. I buy it through an on-line company and have taken it for about a year. I also use bioidentical hormones, which I think have given me probably the biggest benefit. I also am convinced that exercise plays a big role. I was already exercising with I was hit hard with peri symptoms about a year and a half ago (I'm 48), but have always kept up. I've moved recently and had to give up my 2x week weight training at the gym, but now I walk more as well as jogging which I've done for years.

Closed Thread