It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
HELP!!! 2 day until gyno appointment and guess what is happening?????

Hi Friends,

Boy am I glad when I have questions for panic I can turn to a great group of experienced ladies who will help me out.

I don't know if any of you remember some of my past posts since Apr., but I've had irregular bleeding..other than the month of July, which was a normal period, no spotting. My question is this. My cycle of 28 days is due in 5 days...today is 23 days and just now after going to the bathroom I seen I am starting to spot. I thought I'd be period free for this exam in two days, now I don't know what to do. When you spot, or if I develop in the meantime, a full blown period, do I still keep my appointment??????? I am so mad... I've waited for this appointment for 3 mos. and now I get spotting starting...grrrr. lol.

So, do I need to cancel for paps, bimanual exam etc...on Friday should this continue, whether full blown period of just still spotting by then? Can they still exam you if spotting orperiod???? Oh please any experience with this help me. I DO NOT want to end up canceling this after waiting soooooooooo long.

Thanks so much, again for all your help.
hugs
slimseeker

Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: HELP!!! 2 day until gyno appointment and guess what is happening?????

Don't cancel the appt at all. Go ahead and go. THis is the time to talk to her/him about your peri stuff and everything. IF she doesn't get to do a pap, you can always go back. She may want to do blood work and all that. Follow-ups are easier to schedule than regular appts. Heck, a gyno knows of all things that periods come and go and sometimes women start when they didn't plan on it. KEEP THE APPT!

I hope your gyn is willing to discuss you and your symptoms! Good Luck and let us know how it went.
hugs to you!
pbjmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
(female)

angelavan HB User

Yes, keep your appt. Gyno's have seen it all, and you need to talk w/ your Dr about all the symptoms you are having. I know just going & the Dr confirming the problems I was having are peri made me feel better. Like I'm really not crazy. So go to your appt. Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Pbjmom and angelvan,

Thanks for the info. After I posted this, I thought why not call the doc myself and ask..duh..lol. So I got on the phone and they told me to keep my appointment. She said the doc can still do the exam and even the pap smear if I am having a period...so I will go. Thanks so much for your info. The docs office told me some women aren't comfortable getting the exam/pap while having a period..but after all I've had the past few months and waiting 3 mos. to get in...I right now just don't care if I have a full blow period..you have your clothes off anyway on a table with paper..as you girls said..go and get the reassurance, the exam and pap and get it over with...too much anxiety over this appointment lately..lol.

Thanks again girls for coming through for me.

Hugs
slimseeker

Closed Thread