It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

JaneEG HB User
IBS and Perimenopause???

Hi, can anyone please help? I am 38 and have a history of Ibs, hiatus hernia and GERD problems and have always suffered with heavy debilitating periods - until now. Over the last few months my periods have changed to only 3 or 4 days of hardly any loss which is something I have NEVER known! At the same time my guts are terrible - gas, bloating, pain in my lower back and abdomen which hits the top of my legs, I have hot flashes (more so at night), headaches and feel tired all the time. Could this be the start of the menopause??? Any ideas please.
Thanks
Jane

Old 08-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: IBS and Perimenopause???

I read that symptoms can start as early as age 35. Check out Dr. John Lee's book, What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause. In it he discusses all kinds of symptoms and what you can do to help them naturally.

I myself had terrible bloating and lower abdominal pain. Exercise and supplements did the trick. I still have to exercise regularly along with daily supplements.

A lady I know reached natural menopause at age 40. She is the best looking 71 year old I know. She looks great, feels great, has good skin, is thin and has such a great figure. She is my menopause idol!

My husband has IBS and he takes Konsyl daily for over the past 10 years. It has been a lifesaver for him. You may want to try it. Take it for at least a month to see how it works for you. You can buy it at almost any drug store.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lola003 HB User
Re: IBS and Perimenopause???

Boy can I relate. Heres my list. Started menapause 8 years ago, no period for about 8 months now, increased IBS, weight gain, incontinence (just had sling surgery), bloating, gas. So wonderful getting older.

What did the older women do to sail through menapause to look and feel so great?

Deb in CT

Closed Thread