It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

klawk316 HB User
breast reduction question

hi ladies,

My questions are: If you lose weight after surgery will you lose breast size and/or will they sag? Or, if you gain weight will the breast get large again?

Sorry if they are silly questions, but in all honesty I just don't know the answers.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

Korikins HB User
Re: breast reduction question

When it comes to plastic surgery, it's best to be close to your ideal weight. Even with a reduction, you can gain and lose there.

There are alot of plastic surgeons who give free consultations. Just write down all your questions and ask them while you're there!

I would love to have this done as well.

Kori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

MinMin24 HB User

Hi guys...first off no question is silly. Your questions normal and definately deserves a answer. I just had a breast reduction 9 days ago and couldn't be any happier with the results...it's already improved my posture and everything. However when I saw the plastic surgeon for a consultation he did explain to me that a large amount of weight loss or gain can alter the breast a little. It's worse to gain it back rather than lose it as then you run the risk of making them become increasingly larger and probably wont be able to get the insurance to cover another surgery. Also if you are like me and never had any children you may want to go down to a smalller size because you run the risk of gaining back a lot of breast tissue when you become pregnant.......note that this tissue may never dissappear after the pregnancy. I myself went from a G cup to a small C and couldn't be any happier with the outcome and would encourage anyone who's thinking about having them done to follow through!

Old 08-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
I had a breast reduction 15 years ago. First let me say, it's was well worth it, scars and all.
I was at my ideal weight when I had it done, and yes I've had a child (about 5 years after), and have gained about 15 pounds over the years.
They got bigger during pregnancy, and I was able to breast feed. I lost all my baby weight, and then gained the 15 pounds a few years later.

Yes, my breasts got bigger, but not that much - I also get smaller if I loose weight - which I've been trying to do lately.

The one thing I thought was 'odd' - when I gained weight, it seemed my left gained more than my right. I thought because of the reduction, they would be more 'perfect' - even with changes, but according to my Dr., when the breast tissue is removed - it's hard to tell the differnce between the fat, and the gland tissue, so they may end up being not perfectly symetrical.
The difference is only noticeable to me, and when I'm at a lower weight, it seems to even out.

I mentioned scars - I do have them, although they have faded alot over the years. Also, the scar area's stayed quite sensitive for many years afterwards. Even now, if I get bumped on the outer area (under arm), I feel it sometimes.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I know that I had tons of questions when I went through this. I wasn't able to just get online and get questions answered - it's a great day and age we live in!!

marymk

Closed Thread