It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

danigirl HB User
Joint pain all over, I feel like I'm dying

I have aches and pains all over my body. I feel like I am dying. Along with all of these other perimeno symptoms, I get extreme joint pain in my elbows, my right thigh and leg, my neck, I get dizzy every once in awhile. I feel like a mess. My libido is gone. I have tried everything and nothing works. I hate this and wish I could just get through it, but some days it is so hard to even feel like going on. I just want to stay in bed most days. This is not like me at all. Any one else have the joint/back/leg aches and pains and cramping? How nice to be a woman!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
(female)

captain14 HB User
Re: Joint pain all over, I feel like I'm dying

I wish I had some advice to give you but I don't. I can say that I also have the joint pain and especially the loss of libido. The joint pain seems to be around the time I will ovulate and then right before my period. I get lower back pain that travels down my legs and all my joints seem to ache. Elbows, wrists, knees, etc. I take Alleve when it is really bad but otherwise I really don't do anything else for the pain. I know that it is from perimenopause so that at least eases my mind that I do not have some serious illness. I am sorry that you are feeling bad. It does stink sometimes to be a woman.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

Korikins HB User

Dani.....I've had all your symptoms on and off. Sometimes it hits me hard and it's so overwhelming. It takes me a good month to get to the point of feeling better. Everyone is different. Some only have it during certain times of their cycles. I've had two really bad episodes, 6 months apart. I still have some bad days, but nothing like my "spells".

Hang in there! They say it gets better. If you don't think you can handle it using supplements and pain relievers, then by all means talk to your gyno about HRT or natural hormones. Don't suffer anymore than you have to.

Kori

Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigirl
I have aches and pains all over my body. I feel like I am dying. Along with all of these other perimeno symptoms, I get extreme joint pain in my elbows, my right thigh and leg, my neck, I get dizzy every once in awhile. I feel like a mess. My libido is gone. I have tried everything and nothing works. I hate this and wish I could just get through it, but some days it is so hard to even feel like going on. I just want to stay in bed most days. This is not like me at all. Any one else have the joint/back/leg aches and pains and cramping? How nice to be a woman!!!
Omega 3-6-9 helps with my joint pains. I recently stopped taking them for a couple of days and slow the stiffness and aching pain in my fingers returned. It also helped with the pain in my knee...along with exercising.

I hope that you find relief soon.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Harmony5 HB User

It sounds like you may have Fibromyalgia, although that is not joint pain but muscle pain. Are you sure it's joint pain, not muscle? Fibro makes you ache all over, certain trigger points are worse (elbows included), and fatigue. Just something to consider checking. That is what I have along with menopause symptoms which are bad right now and makes my Fibro feel worse.

Harmony

Old 08-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

My mom had this really bad. It turned out to be a side effect of her cholesterol medication, Lovastatin. She went off of it and a week later she was feeling better. If you are taking any prescription medicines you should check to see what the side effects are. It could take a month or two before you start having the side effects and do not relate it with the prescription.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
(female)

sdorton HB User

I am so glad I found this site. I have so many symptoms of many of you women! Lately, I have noticed joint pain too. In my elbows, knees and even my big toe on my left foot!! LOL My husband thinks I am nuts, I read to him the list of menopausal symptoms and he is laughing them off. Dang, it is not fair. LOL. Thanks to all who support each other here and thanks for listening. I am glad to see I am not alone!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #8
(female)

summer46 HB User

Im sorry you are in pain.But i was so relieved to see that someone else is having joint pains.I am new to this menopause thing,symptoms are just happening and i come from a family where nobody talks about anything.So im having to find out things on my own.My legs and knees hurt so bad,that sometimes when i get up its like there is a kink in my right leg.I can't hardly walk sometimes if i have been sitting.Its very humiliating since im only 46.I might try this Omega3-6-9 that someone mentioned.I just always worry about side affects with everything.Good luck

Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

I find that exercise really does help, even though it's probably the last thing you feel like doing. I force myself to go to the gym, and I'm always glad I did. Right now I've slacked off quite a bit over the summer, so I'm 'forcing' myself to sign up for a cylce class in a couple of weeks.
It helps me with other sypmtoms also - mental and physical.
Of course, it also helps keping off the winter weight gain I usually get.

mary

Old 09-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #10
(female)

MSPOSITIVE HB User

Yeah...I am new this menopause thing too. I have had this joint and flu like symptom with this period and I have been overwhelmed. It is hard to shake off.. take Tyle. x Strength and gave in and took Ty3 for migraine.

What is this natural hormone you folks talk about...or the black cohosh...I am curious to get some help other than hormones....at 47 I feel sooooo sick this cycle I can't believe I will have to endure more of this for a period of years. It is depressing and I hate feeling sick ALL THE TIME when I love to get up at 5a.m. and go to bed at 10. I feel like a couch potato with the flu and it is wrecking my ability to work, exercise, and interact daily. YUK.

Help...anybody.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User

I also have fibromyalgia, peri is making it a 1000'x worse! Tried so many different things> so far nothing works. I pray it settle down after menopause!

Old 09-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #12
(female)

cecropia HB User

Have any of you ever heard of concentrate cherry juice for arthritis and gout and quite a few other ailments?? Most of it is made here in Michigan. [removed] Michigan State University has done major studies on cherry juice and is currently doing research on it as I speak.

I started with joint pain in my big toe, I couldn't put my shoe on and then it came in my fingers. A friend told me about the cherry juice and that it was told to her by one of those natural doctors, can't think of what they are called either, darn, my brain is going with menopause, hehe. So, anyway, I have been using it for several years and when I stopped for a few months, boy did the pain come back into my big toe!!!! Ouch! Since I have been back on the cherry juice concentrate faithfully, no more pain. My husband uses it and several people he works with. We buy it in cases and split it up between friends and family. It's very popular here in Michigan and the ones who use it swear by it. I take 2 tablespoons in a 7-up or you can just put it in water with some sugar. That's all I take for one day. Well, it's natural and something you might want to try after you see all the studies that have been done on it.

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-24-2006 at 11:55 PM. Reason: do not post info on how to find websites

Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User

I would like to try the cherry juice, sounds safe. I'm so sensitive to drugs etc.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I also have fibromyalgia and it seems to have gotten much worse. Now I'm thinking it's hormones that's doing it. (I'm 54 and in the middle of menopause) That's good to know. The thought of feeling like this for the rest of my life is a bit overwhelming. I have found that light exercise does help. ( I swim 3 times a week and walk on the treadmill every morning) Also if you have access to a spa it works wonders. Mt GYN said to take 1500mgs. omega fish oil. Also i'm on 300mgs of 5htp.And I take the arthritis strength tylenol. But most importantl is having your thyroid checked. Good luck...I can totally relate ,and although i'm sorry you're all feeling so bad ,it's good to know i'm not alone ......

Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Dear Cecropia:

I wanted to try the cherry juice concentrate for my arthritis. I went to two local health food store and they only had the tart cherry juice. How much juice do you have to drink to equal 2 tablespoons of concentrate? Would the juice work just as well as the concentrate? Thanks, Belle

Closed Thread