It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
(female)

Les44 HB User
Relief on the Way!!!!

Finally saw a gyno doc yesterday. After months and months of strange and often no periods, huge amounts of back/ovarian/pelvic pain, and other strange and annoying symptoms I finally have what I hope will be a solution, at least for the pain. Apparently I have endometriosis and quite a bit of it. Am opting for a full abdominal hysterectomy. Because of my blood disorder my docs would prefer I not have any more periods. Can't have a laparoscopy 'cause there's too much risk of damaging my already beaten up spleen.
I was offered lots of different options (god I love the 21st century!) but it just feels like too much trial and error. I know this is not 100% guaranteed but hopefully bypassing peri and going directly to menopause and getting rid of all the endo will eventually solve lots of problems.
So whatever solutions you choose, I hope it works for you as I'm hoping mine will work for me!
CHEERS!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
(female)

Korikins HB User
Re: Relief on the Way!!!!

Best wishes to you, Les! I hope this helps you alot, which I'm sure it will.

I know women that have gone through complete hysties and have never had any problems afterward. No HRT or anything. There have been others that had to use Premarin because the hot flashes and moodiness was just too great. I hope you go through it with flying colors and no problems!

Kori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread