It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
(female)

CatKiki HB User
Question Is this the beginning of the end?

I am 49 yrs old and for the past few years have notice a change in my cycles. The cycles were no longer every 28 days like they have been since I started, but about every 19-24 days. They were shorter and sometimes very heavy.

Then 2 months ago, I basically just barely spotted. Last month was a very very light flow but it lasted over a week, then this month back to the barely spotting. I have been having cramps and constipation. Is this the beginning of the end for me? I have soooo been looking forward to this... LOL

Kiki

Old 08-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Is this the beginning of the end?

If you are one of the lucky ones, it could be the beginning of the end. There are others that went without a period for up to 11 months then start right back in again. It's tough to tell. Some people say you can get a pretty good idea of what your ending will be by how your mother went into and through menopause, but that doesn't always hold true. Either our mothers never complained about it, or this generations peri and menopause is worse due to the changes in the envoirment around us. Who knows. I guess we just treat our symptoms the best we can and pray for an end to mess! Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Kiki,

I did exactly what you are talking about and the I'd go for longer and longer stretches without having one. Like Ann said - every time I thought I was through with all that - I'd have a period!! I am 52 now and finally made it to the year mark this past December. So - you may go a couple of years of doing what you are doing now. Who knows - its all so whacky!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi Kiki,

I'm 48 and for the past 18 months my periods have also been 19-24 days. When I first started keeping track, they were very heavy and clotty. (That's what made me take notice and keep track). Now, over the past 3-4 months, they have become much lighter - usually one or two heavy days, and 2-3 light days. I just had this months and the last two days were hardly noticeable.
My gyn says this is all normal for peri-menopuase.

I still get really bad PMS and anxiety, so I'm hoping it will end soon. With the short cycles, it's really frustrating.

Mary

Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
(female)

suelynn HB User

I just had to post and let you gals know that you brought a smile to my face as i read about all the whacky and strange things that you are dealing with.

I found this whole support board for other issues, and of course i am going to be 51 next year, and little things are showing up..so I am thrilled to have found this thread..
It is so comforting to know that we are not losing our minds,as most people think. There are real sypmtoms, but I work with a group of 55 + ladies, and all I have heard for the past 5 years is whining and "Wait till you get there", part of it has to be attitude..I don't want to be one of them!!!!!!!

So thank you for brightening my day..(I know that may sound crazy to some of you, but it worked for me!!!)

Sue

Closed Thread