It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

willowthewisp HB Userwillowthewisp HB User
Im on fire!!!!!

Hi, my doc told me last yr that i was having an early menopause but did no tests? As my mum had hers aged 36, i am now 42 so she said this is my early menopause. I have suffered for years with terribly heavy long periods and last yr i suddenly only had 2, ( fantastic) this year hardly had any until last 3 months and i suddenly had many periods every 2 weeks and very heavy?
Well the one thing that is making me so very very ill is this burning sensation inside my body, i cannot function as i feel i have a raging tempurature, i cant sleep and i cant work as i can feel myself about to pass out. I cant even hold a proper conversation as i know i will faint, i get so hot its painfull. I am hot on the inside though, but not on the outside i feel cool to touch. Everyone tells me that when you get hot flushes you drip with sweat, well i dont i just start to actually boil up inside
Is this hot flushes and what on earth can i do, i cannot carry on like this, i lie awake at night with a fan on and no bed clothes. My dr said she did not want to give me HRT ( which i know nothing about at all). she said as i have a strong family history of cancers she felt it better if i could avoid hrt, but she gave me some anti depressant for my anxiousness that i get every month when my period would normally be due, i did make it perfectly clear to her i do not feel or get depressed though. Does anyone know what will stop these horrible hot feelings, i cant stand it any more.
i do have other symptoms but dont know if they are menopausal or not.

Last edited by willowthewisp; 08-06-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Im on fire!!!!!

You should discuss this more with your doctor. if she really feels that HTRis not for you. There are herbel things that many do find helps with these horrid hot flashes. Ask on the alternative meds section

Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Oh I had this and I hated it so much. It scared the s---t out of me. Now, all I do is sweat profusely on and off through the day and night.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
(female)

tigger8156ch HB User
Thumbs up Re: Im on fire!!!!!

hello.......You should really talk to your doctor about this.....I have hot flashes but I sweat. I only had this hot feeling inside a couple of times. I started about 2 yrs ago taking 1300mg of Evening Promrose Oil daily. It has helped me alot. Please ask your doctor before you take anything to make sure it is ok.

good luck I hope you get relief i know what you are going through.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
(female)

moody1 HB User

I feel the exact same way! Like I'm cooking from the inside - out!! My friends have said that my skin is cool to the touch, but I am sitting in a/c with a fan directly on me, still burning hot. Sometimes I will start sweating, but most of the time, its just like a really hot feeling inside. I hate this! I cannot function in the least bit when this happens. I have a constant bottle of cold water with me at all times. Its the only thing that seems to cool me off & put the fire out. This time of life is not fun. I'd much rather deal with having my period monthly again that deal with this.

Closed Thread