It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Abnormal cells found in my endometrial biopsy???

Hi,

I am in a panic here. I had an endometrial biopsy done last Friday. I just now got a call from my gynos office saying they found abnormal cells. Does anyone have any knowlege of this???? Do I have cancer??? Oh my gosh I am bawling my eyes out here in worry. I have to go back to the Doc office for a follow up appt. this Thursday they said to review these findings.

I have never been so scared in my life. Any info that any of you have with abnormal cells from your endo biopsy please help.

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 08-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Abnormal cells found in my endometrial biopsy???

When I had a biopsy of my skin done they told me on the phone that my biopsy showed skin cancer. They made me an appointment that day with the MOHS surgeon. So I would think that if you had cancer, they would have said so on the phone and not have you worried sick for two days wondering.

It probably is not cancer, but abnormal cells (endometriosis perhaps?) and they need to discuss what if anything you need to do about it on Thursday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 04:03 AM   #3
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Belle,

Thank you so much. I couldn't take it yesterday and called my doc back and talked to the nurse. They found, she said, complex hyperplasia with abnormal cells. We are to talk about treatment options Thursday. I read hormones can help, but I also read a hysterectomy is best since this will lead to cancer.

Thanks for your calming words. It was greatly appreciated!!!!

Hugs
slimseeker

Old 08-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi slimseeker, dont panick!! i had that once years ago, in my case, was like that because i had papiloma virus,abnormal cells means you could get cervical cancer, that is just telling you that you might have something like papiloma virus for example and if that is the case, they do a very simple procedure at the doctors office, something that have to do with freezing something there,so it kills the abonormal cells, i had that done in 1999 and since that, all my papsmears are perfectly normal, so dont worry, abnormal cells is not cancer, hugs

Old 08-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Girls,

Thanks so much for your replies. I have complex hyperplasia with severe atypia...which means the doc said on a scale of 1-10, 10 being cancer I am at a 7 with pre-cancer cells. I found this out today. Not good news. I am scheduled for a total hysterectomy sept. 6. here the past few months I believed all my cramps and bloating were due to peri-meno and now I have this......please all reading...don't skip those gyne visits yearly as I did. I haven't been there for 6 yrs and now I found this out. At least it's not yet cancer..that is why I will have the hysterectomy to get it all out before it turns into cancer and spreads.

Thanks for your info girls. I appreciate your replies
Hugs
slimseeker

Old 08-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
(female)

dghelmer HB User

Dear Slimseeker:

I found out on Tues (8/15) that also have complex hyperplasia with atypia. I have always gone for my yearly check-ups and nothing has ever shown up on my PAP. I went in because of severe clotting during my period. Good luck with your hysterectomy!!!

Closed Thread