It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
I am sweating so profusely, I'm a bit nervous about it!

I have never ever sweated like this in my life. I will be 48 in November and started this perimenopause when I was 44. It started slowly and then at 45 it pumped up by changing my period patterns. Then began the internal shakes and internal hot flushes. Anxiety and insomnia began too. Now instead of getting the normal stinging chest and face, I am sweating profusely. AT first I thought maybe this was a heart attack since this is one of the signs. But it's been happening for weeks now, so I am thinking it's hormonal changes and sweating instead of having hot flashes like that burning sensation I use to get. Anyone have this happening to them?

Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
(female)

tigger8156ch HB User
Thumbs up Re: I am sweating so profusely, I'm a bit nervous about it!

Hello.......I have been going through the same thing....It started out hot flashes and I would have sweat running down my arms and legs and back. I talked to my friend who has a sotre that sells vitimens. She told me to take 1300mg a day of Evening Primrose Oil. I have been on them for 2 yrs and they have helped me alot. I would check with your doctor before taking them but if you do try them I would like to know if you got any relief from it.

Good luck......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: I am sweating so profusely, I'm a bit nervous about it!

Oh thank you. I will let you know. I am taking my cholesterol test tomorrow, I do take Lipitor for High cholesterol. Then Thursday I will see my Cardio, hired him after panic attacks sent me to the emergency room and then asked for me to see a cardio. Well all came out normal, but still worried coz u never know. Geez Lewizzzzzzzzz, this sweating is annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Ainfante,

I do not have the sweating but know someone who does and they have said it is SO annoying!! just wanted you to know that it is something that has cropped up for some.

It is like you once said, we finally get a handle on one symptom and another crops up!!

It is better for me then when we first talked in 2004 but still getting my period and longer pms and anxiety now and then. I would never have thought back then we'd still be talking about this 2 years later!! lol

Take care,

rmc

Last edited by rmc12; 08-23-2006 at 12:35 AM.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB UserHopefully HB User

I've been dealing with profuse sweating for more months than I can remember. What is unusual is that mine begins first thing in the morning and last for about a couple of hours.

When I wake up I"m fairly dry in comparison to what occurs once I'm up and moving around. I'm talking about hair dripping, soaked chest and back sweating. After a couple of hours things seem to settle down, and although I might be hot and lightheaded the dripping has subsided.

It was quite embarrassing this week when I was in a classroom of students and here I am fanning myself and still dripping sweat.

Thank God that I can come here and talk with others who understand.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
(female)

onekidney HB User

My sweating was so profuse and embarassing...I'm a teacher also, I went back on low dose hormone therapy. My energy is back, I look fantastic for 55, my skin (wrinkle-free) glows, my cognitive ability has returned, my sex life is great...etc.,

Sometimes we must think of quality of life.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

i'm glad i read this post. i am 2 years post-menopausal and for the past 6 mos. have all of a sudden been dripping sweat when everyone else is comfortable or cold, night sweats are horrible, palpitaions that are bringing me to the cardio for the second time, just all sorts of uncomfortable things. am having thyroid problems and thought "thank God" maybe it's that but after reading this i believe it's menopause.

Closed Thread