It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

Ariannalie HB User
Femhart - does it work for anyone?

and what are the negatives to it? I know my mother went off it after taking provera for years and she loves it.

I am 52 and just recently went off the low does birth control pill, I am now getting headaches upon waking every morning, also get one later in day sometimes, very agitated and grouchy and sometimes a crampy feeling.

I would prefer not to go on Lexapro or an antidepressant - I am taking extra vitamins - like the B vitamins which don't seem to do a thing. Any thoughts??
Is it helpful to get checked to see how much progesterone and estrogen a person has?? My gyno doesn't necessarily believe in that. She is one of those that believes in the natural route more.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Femhart - does it work for anyone?

I have a friend who took Femhart for several years, did well, but stopped due to a family history of breast cancer. She went on bio-identical hormones for several years then found out just recently she has breast cancer, so has had to stop everything. She can't even eat foods high in soy. It's such a guessing game. How are your periods since coming off the BCP? I am 52 also, and will soon be coming off the pill. I worry I will have the return of the heavy long periods again. Good luck with the Femhart if you choose to take it. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've been on it for about 4 years and love it! Have no problems at all. There are two versions of it...one a low dose. I'm on the regular one. When I first switched to it from BCP, my gyno told me I would probably have some bleeding around period time for the next 2-3 months. Never happened. Never had another period! It has been wonderful! I recommend it highly. I started my periods at age 10 and went on Femhrt at age 56...it was darned well time to quit having periods!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

I've never taken it, but interesting you bring it up-- a co-worker of mine just told me on Friday she has been on it for six years, and loves it. We didn't get a chance to get into a long discussion though.

I hate to have to ask, LOL, but what is it?

Old 08-14-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It's a hormone replacement therapy (get it - fem (female) hrt????)

Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
(female)

heidi58 HB User

I was always pretty regular until about two years ago when the doc put me on FEM HRT for hot flashes, (imagine). Then my periods stopped for that time. When I had to go see my doc again, I found out he wasn't on my plan, so I went to another doc who took me off HRT. And guess what? I started bleeding again. So he did an biopsy. (I guess assuming I was post menopausal for two years). Biopsy was negative. Now he wants to do a D&C because I bleed about every four months. Guess I'll find a new doc.

Closed Thread