It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

moody1 HB User
I'm new & need support!

Hi! I'm 48 yrs old & have not had my period in over a yr. I am having terrible hot flashes & lets not even discuss mood swings! I feel alone in a crowded room & am going through alot of stressful situations in my life as it is. I spend most of my time in tears. Anyone else out there going through the same?

Old 08-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User
Re: I'm new & need support!

Moody1 --

I could have written your post awhile ago! Trust me, many here know exactly what you are going through. My mood swings were so bad..... I wanted to cry on a daily basis. No way to live. Listen, there are many things you can do. It is a journey to find what works for you. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for meds! Lexapro has done wonders for me on the mood swings. I can't even tell you!

Have you been to the doctor yet? What are your thoughts about meds or even HRT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
(female)

moody1 HB User

Haven't been to dr yet. I'm one of those people who take care of everyone, except me. I'm not a big fan of prescription meds because of some results with my teenager taking them & his behavior getting worse. Still working on that issue. I keep telling myself to go to the dr, but it gets pushed back everytime. Haven't been to the gyno. since my youngest was born. She is now 9 yrs old.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

CDumas HB User
Angry Re: I'm new & need support!

Moody1, get yourself to a GYN ASAP. You're into menopause already!!! Not seen a doctor since your last child born 9 years ago? There's no excuse for that!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Get on hormones! You'll be so glad you did...I promise! See your doctor now!

Old 08-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
(female)

suelynn HB User

I can understand the need to care for others...BUT you need to take care of you..and I know that not going to a Dr for that long is not wise.My mother died too young, and had a stroke when I was 19, cause she too, had not been to a Dr for that long...I vowed as much as I hate going, I was going to at least do that much fro myself..so go..talk to him or her..get some relief.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
(female)

newphase HB User

I agree....you need to make time to see your doctor. At the very least, it is good to hear that these symptoms are common and you are certainly not the only one going through this. I'm 45 and am new to this as well. It all started to kick up this year. I also have had a lot of stress in the past couple of years unrelated to menopause, but I think that hormones make my anxiety much worse. There are lots of options out there designed to help us through this.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

Not to sound like a broken record, but please do make a Dr. appointment for yourself. If you aren't taking care of yourself and you feel miserable, then you really aren't giving your family the best of you, much less having any quality of life for yourself. It's best for you and your family if you feel well.

There are so many options out there for women with menopausal symptoms. Take a few minutes and do research on how diet and exercise can affect the way you feel as well as vitamins, supplements, etc. Many women on this board swear by taking extra calcium, fish/flax oils and magnesium for starters. Your doctor can help with information about hormones replacement including bcp and bioidentical hormones (rather than synthetic). The more you are informed, the more you will get out of your Dr. visit.

You are not alone! Our lives are full and stressful and having to deal with not feeling well can be overwhelming. Hang in there and just make the appointment.

AND you need to get a pap test and mammogram!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #9
(female)

moody1 HB User

I did it! I actually made an appt with my dr for Sept 19th. I promise to keep this appt because I can no longer stand this constant sobbing and especially the heat wave going on. Now I know what microwaved food goes through being cooked from the inside out (ugh!!!!) Thanks for the push. I needed that!

Closed Thread