It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
(female)

tears HB User
Question perimenopause

Hello, I just was wondering if i'm the only person who feels like she is going insane? My moodswings are going totally whack and feel all alone. Was hoping to find some one to chat with.

Last edited by tears; 08-14-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:55 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
Re: perimenopause

hi tears
you are not alone, all of us on this board feel like we are going insane, i have been feeling really bad for the past 2 years, anxiety, ovary pain, dizzyness the list goes on and on.
it does get better (so i am told), i never know from one day to the next how i am going to feel, i cant even plan a holiday because i dont know from day to day how i am going to feel.
just keep coming to these boards for support, the ladies on here really know what they are talking about, without them i would have booked myself in the loony bin months ago.

andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

Barbz615 HB User

you're not alone! I've been here about a yr and found great relief after finding these smart & sensitive ladies
take the time to read as much as you can here, it will put your mind at ease learning that each of us have had most of the same experiences.
I know my husband is doing his best to understand what's going on and has been very cautious approaching me because of the mood swings and sometimes I get the feeling he is tired of hearing me go on and on about this. Finding ladies who can relate and totally understand the havoc hormones can wreak on us has been the best therapy yet.

we're all doing the best we can ... hang in there

Old 08-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Tears, you are not alone. I...we all know oh, so well about those mood swings. For instance a little while ago I felt fine...then all of a sudden I began to feel nervous, anxious, tired and a bit spacey.

Barbz is correct about husbands having a difficult time comprehending what we are talking about. They do their best, but honestly what we are dealing with require first hand experience to fully understand.

I thank God for this board and others like it where women can talk, share, provide encouragement and the support needed to see each other through this season in our lives.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
(female)

heitara HB User

Shall I give you an example? I woke up this morning feeling great. I wanted to do the dishes, clean the house, work a bit and even shave my legs before lunch. After my shower I started feeling a bit tired and not so cheerful. I bypassed the cleaning and the dishes and sat at my computer. I soon realized my mind was so blurry I could hardly type, let alone come up with some good ideas about the project I'm working on. Shaving my legs? What for? Useless, hair grows back anyway. I sat on the couch with a book. But I couldn't keep my eyes open and, besides, all I wanted to do was crying. So, that's what I did until lunchtime, and afterward. Then, around mid-afternoon, life started smiling at me again. Until a little while ago, when I decided my exsistence was a mess, I was a failure, maybe I had some terrible disease anyway and there was really nothing, nothing to be happy about.
Does it sound familiar?

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Old 08-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

Oh, yes it sounds quite familiar. Here's mine....I've been dealing with morning anxiety of weeks, which just popped up out of no where after many month...well one morning I woke up and WOW!!!!!!! no morning anxiety. I felt at peace, clarity of thought, energetic, and ready to go. Well, some where between getting up and eating breakfast my already declining hormones must have taken another dip and suddenly I felt sad, spacey, tired, and lacked the get up and go that I had just 2 seconds earlier.

It's so good to have you ladies who understand . I pray that one day we will all feel simply marvelous and continue to support other women coming behind us.

Thanks ladies!

Closed Thread