It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

kellybag HB User
Lexapro? Really helpful?

Hi Ladies,
Many of you have said that Lexapro really helps with menopausal symptoms such as anxiety.

I was on it for several years, [10mg, because I'm pretty small] and then changed to Effexor. That isn't working. As I posted a few days ago, my anxiety is at an all time high, and so are some of my other symptoms, such as insomnia. I'm thinking of giving the Lexapro a try again. Any imput?

Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
(female)

marys62 HB User
Re: Lexapro? Really helpful?

Kellybag,

I just started on Lexapro for the 3rd time. I had success with it both times I took it before but went off it when I felt better. I am on a low dose pill that helps with everything but the anxiety which just recently reared its ugly head again. I think it is very effective in combatting anxiety with minimal side effects.

mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

I am on 10mg of Lexapro and it is working great! In the past other AD's have made me hyper, but this one seems to have an anti-anxiety effect-- which is exactly what I needed. Hope that helps.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Has anyone noticed a weight gain on the Lexapro? Do any of the AD's cause weight gain? Thanks, Ann

Old 08-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I am curious as to the weight gain question, too. I started lexapro 10mg (dr. had prescribed 20mg, but I'm splitting in half) and I love it! One week later, and my anxiety is so much better. But....I am so hungry all the time. May just be in my head, or I'm hungry because I feel so much better, but I really don't want to gain weight. I'd love to hear others experiences.
Kelly

Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
(female)

vuitton HB User

For me its a wonder drug, for anxiety.
But as with many of these types of drugs, then can cause weight gain in certain people. That had never had a weight problem before, such as myself...
Its a difficult thing to come to terms with, but for me, I could not exist with the kind of anxiey I had, with out medications such as Lexapro.
Everyone is different.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

I haven't gained any weight. Actually, my appetite feels more normal now, as before I was having a lot of problems with nausea. I eat small high protein meals. I got used to forcing them down when I had the nausea.... like the high protein Slim Fast shakes, and cottage cheese... now I seem to enjoy it more as opposed to forcing it.
I think smaller portions help in keeping the weight off, and bloating, which is another peri delight Really people in general eat way more than they need. Also, I don't drink sugar based drinks... just water and 1% milk... and the occasional Bud Light, lol.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

terry1953 HB User

Hi...I am thinking about taking Lexapro for very mild depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. Can you tell me any side effects you have incurred with this med? Thank you

Closed Thread