It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Unhappy HELP! Can Premenopause make you have perinoid thoughts?

I was just wondering, My partner is almost 47, and more so over the last 6 months..a year or two total, but more in the last 6 months, she has become extremely moody, one minute she can be the sweetest, nicest person, and then like turning on a switch, she can be the most hateful, mean, cruel, angry person... and she has never been this way before, She gets angry and says mean, hurtful things, then after a little while she will say, she is sorry, doesnt know why she says and does that, and doesnt know what it wrong..... but I have also noticed she has also started be very perinoid, she will let her imagination get the best of her, then she gets angry about the things that her mind is running away with.... On top of this she has really bad hot flashes... her face will get extremely red, and the sweat will pour... and severe night sweats, she will wake up in the night with her hair clothes, the bed linens wet with sweat, she has alot of fatigue which I had kinda written off to the fact she works ALOT of hours...she has had no sex drive at all over the last year or so...her periods have gotten extremely more heavy, and painful, and she gets them closer together sometimes more then one a month....I know she gets some serious headaches before her periods, and Im sure there are other symptoms, but the ones I listed are the ones I see the most and know about..... We are waiting for her to get into see a Gyno...just have to wait for the appointment... but in the meantime I guess I was just looking for some input as to if this is what her symptoms are pointing to.

Last edited by TexasWildRose04; 08-20-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: HELP! Can Premenopause make you have perinoid thoughts?

Hi Texas!

I would have to say that a lot of the problems are probably hormonal related. Hormone fluctuations really, really stink. It is good that she is going to a gyn. Stay as positive as you can. My husband has been a champ for me during all my wild mood swings and hot flashes. It makes things more tolerable for me.

Good luck and stay sane!
pbjmom

Old 08-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: HELP! Can Premenopause make you have perinoid thoughts?

Many of these symptoms really sound like perimenopause. They can be quite severe in some women (as you can probably tell by many posts here). The best thing for her is to be checked out by her gyno to make sure everything is okay, especially with the heavy/painful periods. There are many things that can help some symptoms, from herbal remedies to hormones. She'll need to decide how she wants to proceed and experiment with changes (even changing your diet and exercise can help). It's wonderful that you are being supportive and concerned!

Closed Thread