It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

s cubed HB User
itchiness

Does anyone have a constant or semi constant itch?
I have been having itchy pubic hair! It's so annoying. I told my gyn about it and he asked if I had any internal itching...which I don't. My PCP asked if I changed soaps lately ( which I haven't) and might have an allergy (only on my pubic hair?) seems a little far fetched to me.
Symptom of peri???

Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

daringdarina HB User
Re: itchiness

Hi there,

I had this too. It felt like my pubic hair was spiked and very dry. I ended up buying Vagi-Gard at Walmart, it is OTC and I only had to use it a few times to get major relief. I don't need it anymore now.

This is a bit gross but (just in case this happens to you too) around the same time I got lumps in my labia and under my arms. I took care of those by taking epsom salt baths and eventually they went away completely, thank goodness.

My mammogram showed benign changes so I think I just went through an inflammation period, anything that could get inflamed got inflamed, or so it seemed!

The glands in the pubic and underarm region develop at puberty (I think) so it kind of makes some sense to me that they would undergo changes at menopause. At least, this is how I reasoned it to myself.

Is this peri related? I think so but have not really read about anyone else having this wonderful symptom!

Hang in there, I feel for you.

Darina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

metobe HB User
Re: itchiness

Hi there,
I had the itchiness and still do at times and I found that after quiting the regular bath soap and started using baby shampoo for the private area only and then after bathing I started smoothing over the area with a little preparation H just on the finger tips and it has surely helped me!!!! I said "whatever works!" I hope you get your needed relief also............

daringdarina, thank you for posting you have helped ease my mind a little bit on my mammogram results it came back stating a benign change but listed small axillary nodes on both sides and this I was told is not a super problem but kinda had me worried enough to want to talk to my family doctor next month. I received a phone call from the place I had the mammogram stating they have to call anytime there is any change! Scared me for sure........

Closed Thread