It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

Barbz615 HB User
Blood test Normal & Lexparo question

I finally had the hormone levels checked and they came back normal.
I'm alittle surprised and somewhat frustrated by it. I thought & hoped they would come back with the answer I thought I was 100% sure of!
Today I feel like I'm on fire ... what to think now?

I started was given Lexapro Friday (20mg) I'm taking the 1/2 pill for the first 7 days, Has anyone had more difficulty sleeping? One of the side effects is insomnia

I wake so early, I never pick up my head to check the clock, knowing what time it is will annoy me and keep me up longer.
For the last 3 nights I woke again way before dawn and rolled around for a what seems to be much longer than before I started this pill.

I never had a problem sleeping before, now I'm not sure how long I sleep before I start the rolling around ... after I manage to go back, BUT I never feel rested.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User
Re: Blood test Normal & Lexparo question

Hi Barb,

Did you get your FSH level tested? According to my doc, that is the only test that will show peri with any kind of accuracy.

I also wanted to let you know my first week on Lexapro, I did have some strange insomnia-- but then I would fall asleep.... it went away after about a week- I'm sleeping fine now.

How's it going for you now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

Barbz615 HB User

I did, the doctor told me she was testing 2 hormone levels. they came back normal, but I had a month of BCP done. I was also told it may not show anything. She left it as anxiety.
I meet a new gyn Friday, I found him on a list of Menopause practitioners while searching the net. we'll see what imput he may have.

I'm gradually getting better, last night I slept more. I know I woke twice but was able to go back right away. The nausea is almost gone too. Today very mild jitters.
The first two days on the medication I had jitters too. DECAF from now on.

All I ask for now is to feel better for vacation ... we are leaving the 21 of September

Last edited by Barbz615; 08-30-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User

Oh Barb, I know how you feel. I was in the midst of the worst peri symptoms last Jan. when I had a vacation planned. I was so worried. To be honest, and I am not advocating this... but I drank A LOT of alcohol on vacation... I had a good time.

I wish I had been on Lexapro then. I'm sure by Sept 21 you will be feeling good!

Closed Thread