It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
(female)

canadianmom HB User
Peri and Fibro...anyone else?

Hi everyone. I was dx with fibromyalgia in my mid 30's. I am now 46 and in peri. For the last month I have been in the worst muscle pain and stiffness I have ever felt! Its my entire body but the worst is my back and my abdominal muscle. I wake up in the night(if I'm lucky enough to sleep) barely being able to move. Muscles at times spasm so bad all I can do is lay with hot water bottle and cry. Anyone else going through the same thing? Is peri making my fibro worse? Any suggestions that you might have to cope with this all would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
Re: Peri and Fibro...anyone else?

i'm 54 ,and my fibro pain has definately intensified since i've hit menopause. (i'm in the middle of it) I have read where hormones can affect fibro.negatively I started an exercise program and it's really helped. I swim 3 to 4 times a week ,and do 1/2hr on the treadmill in the mornings. You're probably thinking ."How can I even think about exercising when i have this awfull fatigue." Well, I was the same way. First I changed my diet. No sugar ,no white foods ,no processed foods,organic meat, and fruits and vegis when possible . Soy protein added to fruit smoothies. That raised my energy level up enough for me to take the first baby step to exercing. Now I can't go through my day without some sort of exercise. When i miss a day I start feeling awfull again. I can't say that all the aches and pains are gone ..but it's manageable now. I also take 5HTP ..100mg 3 times a day .One just before bedtime.
I'm seeing a holistic GYN on WEd ...so i'll let you know what she says about fibro and hormones ,and if there is anything out there that will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

canadianmom HB User
Re: Peri and Fibro...anyone else?

Thank you Kathryn+2 for your reply. I will be very interested to hear what your holisic Gyno has to say!

Closed Thread