It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

elphers HB User
bad cramps still?

Hi,
I know that I am going through menopause. I didn't have a period for 8 months, then I got it back very lightly. I haven't now had a period for 6 and a
1/2 months. The last 3 days, I have had bad cramps. I was wondering if anyone going through menopause still gets bad cramps, with no period? I had a gyne visit yesterday and was cramping real bad when he came in. I asked him if he could tell if I was going to menstruate. He said it didn't look like it. I was relieved, because this time I want to be completely done, but am still concerned about the cramping. Thanks! (p.s. I'm almost 50)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: bad cramps still?

I have had cramping with no period. I also get alot of ovary pain on both sides. I have read many posts from women with the problem, cramping but no period. Maybe the uterus is still contracting like you are having a period, but there is no longer any flow. What did your doctor say? I think he would have ordered further tests if he was concerned. My heating pad is my best friend! I am on the pill so I am still having periods, but before I started on the pill I had several times when I had those phantom periods, cramping but no flow. I think they are pretty common. Hang in there. Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
(female)

san1068 HB User

I haven't had a period for 6 months -- for days now I have menstrual cramps on and off -- sometimes worse than others. Mydol doesn't help -- I just figured that out -- I should have taken the advil -- it works betters. Anyway, anyone else out there with NO flow , but definitely the cramps?

Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
(female)

elphers HB User

Well, I've had terrible cramps for a whole week now! And my period is in full swing! Darn, and after no period for 6 1/2 months, I was hoping that I was done! Anyone have bad cramps with their period that seem to stay forever, while in menopause? I'm assuming that this is normal, but when I was regular, every 28 days, I never had this bad of cramps or for this long!

Old 09-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User

i have posted about this before, i am having constant ovary and period pain even when i am not having a period, evry doc i have asked dont seem to understand what the problem is.

Closed Thread