It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

Raindrop1 HB User
Help! Need advice

I am 44 years old and having been going through this for about 5 years, : but recently I have been having alot of pain. So bad that I went to the ER room one night. My pain is on the right side. It's very sore down on the right near the uterus and radiates up through my right side. ER doc did a pelvic exam and thought she felt a cyst so she ordered a ct scan and a transvaginal ultrasand, when she moved the wand over to the right side it hurt so much - but nothing showed, also ct scan showed nothing. I went to my gyn doc and he did a lap and nothing showed now he wants to do a endometrial biopsy. I am nervous about all this. I just dont understand why I have this pain. My periods are sporatic and length of my periods when I do get them are 5 to 7 days and the blood is usually bright red or very dark it swtiches from period to period. At times now I have a clear discharge -one would think pregnant but I am not. I just don't know what to think of these symptoms and pain. I would appreciate any advice you ladies could give me. Don't you just love this thing they call the change

Last edited by Raindrop1; 09-01-2006 at 06:43 AM. Reason: mispelled word

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: Help! Need advice

Sorry to hear what you are going through, especially not having any real answers yet. A lot of what you are describing is certainly perimenopause. My periods are erratic also, with each period being different in what kind of blood I have. I just had a cycle of 16 days, ugh.

I think you should pursue getting to the bottom of your side pain, just to rule out anything that can be taken care of with medication, etc. And for peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
(female)

Diane05 HB User

Raindrop, sorry to hear about your pain, hope you will pursue and figure out what is going on...I know that I've had some mighty weird aches and pains over the last several years and it seems as tho you are just coming apart at the seams, sometimes. Hang in there, it will get better....when, I can't say, but it will...I haven't had a period for a year and a half now, I turned 53 in July, so guess I'm officially in Menopause, but even at that, there is still alot of weird stuff that you experience, only, I have to say, it has eased, somewhat! My mood swings are so much better, fewer and fewer, but some of that stuff can rear it's ugly head anytime, anywhere...I had stopped having hot flashes and night sweats last Oct. then all of a sudden over the last couple of months I am waking up at night all hot and sweaty, then next thing I know, I'm freezing!!!

I do hope you can get your pain issues under control, I do remember having some very weird stabbing pains when still having my periods, and I hope you can get some relief...now, I'm just mainly achey all over and very, very stiff in the mornings, can barely get around until I have been up for about 45 minutes, then things seem to be okay, but I notice my joints, etc. so much more than I used to, just seems every darn thing hurts these days. My DH has been very understanding and supportive, thank the Lord, but I was reading on here last night to him regarding a thread on the achey issues and he said "I thought once you were in Menopause, that all stopped", ha ha don't we wish! Is it Post Menopause when it gets really better??? I've also wondered how do you know when it's Post Meno and not just Menopause, Peri is easy, you don't have periods for a year....but the other is not so easy to figure out, at least for me....lol

Hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted...

Old 09-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

Raindrop1 HB User

Thank you so much for responding to my board . It's nice to know there is support. I will keeping plugging along until I finally figure out whats going on. Although I had one lady tell me that during the time she was going through peri-menopause/menopuase...she said that she had horrible problems with her stomach and gastro and she was told over and over by her doctors that they are symptoms of hormonal changes that she was expierencing.

Closed Thread