It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
What does everyone else use or do for this?

I have just begun noticing some faint lines or wrinkles I guess, around my eyes. I guess it goes with the territory! I know there are several OTC products which are supposed to eliminate or control these, but if any of you have used any of them, what works well? Aging is such FUN!

TIA!

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
(female)

Mistyeyze HB User
Re: What does everyone else use or do for this?

Yeah isn't aging the pits Hey if all you have are some faint lines around the eyes, then consider yourself lucky. I have wrinkles at the corners of my mouth that drive me insane! And also some on my forehead. Honestly, I don't know of anything that stops it, except sunscreen to prevent damage. I really think it all comes down to genetics. I started using camilla oil about 2 weeks ago, and I like it as a moisterizer, but I don't expect it to make the wrinkles disappear. By the way, I am liking this product..... very nice oil for the skin.

Anyhow, with that being said, I'm looking for a way to HIDE the damn wrinkles, since they aren't going to go away (imo)..... So do you know any good make up tricks, or good make up?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Thanks for the advice! I know I have seen some products on the shelves but I am just not sure what works and what doesn't. Many do claim to, over time, make wrinkles disappear, but I don't know if their claims are valid. Unfortunately I cannot use too many oils on my skin because my skin (unbelivably at 47) is still oily and I am prone to breakouts. I do love the beach and spend a lot of time in the pool in the summertime and I guess now I am paying for it.

Nancy

Old 09-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

Wizard HB User

Buy any good cream with retinol in it. Nutrogena makes some good ones that you can buy OTC. I personally buy ROC brands and absolutely love them. They make a skin wash that's phenomenal.

Another great way to eradicate the finer lines is to buy a Nutrogena faical ozxidizing system. It comes with a cream with micro-oxiders that you massage into your face with a small handheld machine with a sponge on the end. It sloughs the dead skin cells off your face and after a week or so, your skin looks radiant.

Make sure you wear a quality sunscreen every day, remove all makeup before retiring at night and always moisturize.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Thanks so much! I went out and got a Neutrogena cream with retinol last night and have already started using it!

Nancy

Closed Thread