It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

MarciB HB User
Could These Symptoms Really Be Menopause???

Hi Everyone..."It" started almost one year ago--I had a near fainting experience in a restaurant--it felt like something snapped in my head and I got caught between a change of channels--like I was short curcuiting. My face felt like it was pulling downward and I couldnt focus. I felt like a light switch was being turned off gradually. I was actually strangely calm. I have been for ALL the tests--NOTHING...so they say menopause. Since that time, I have experienced squeezing in my head, vibration in my head, a feeling of a vice grip on different portions of my head. I have minor nausea, dizziness and have trouble focusing while talking to someone-I have to look away to keep from getting dizzy. My period stopped 6/27/06, although it has been abnormal this year. The one week I had a normal period in May , I felt great which is when I believe it is menopause. But, I just dont feel WELL. I feel that my day to day quality of life if affected.. I use progesterone cream and take DHEA (saliva test showed low in DHEA), I take Remifemin. I have resisted medications that have been suggested-for depression or anxiety:
COULD THESE SYMPTOMS REALLY BE MENOPAUSE?????:

Old 09-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Could These Symptoms Really Be Menopause???

I know that it's really difficult to believe that declining hormone levels could cause all these symptoms, but if you have the opportunity to read some of the posts here you will see that you are not alone.

Did the doctors also check your thyroids? It's good that you've had a series of tests to rule out other possibilities, this should give your some peace of mind. It's good to know that your doctors at least attributed these symptoms to perimenopause...you must have some excellent doctors.

You've come to a good place for a wealth of information and support. I hope that you find relief from these symptoms soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

MarciB HB User

Yes, I did have my thyroid checked too...thank you for your input. Is there an easy way to find posts related to what I have written about or do you just have to read and search?
I am glad that the doctors are willing to recognize symptoms as menopause but I hope they are not discounting other things now just because I am 51!!! I am concerned about this as jsut 2 days ago I actually was walking in the mall and "short circuited" for maybe 2 seconds and lost my step--can this be?--i dont see anyone else doing this!...thanks again

Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

Korikins HB User

My head has been doing very weird things since December of last year. I thought I was having a stroke or even dying! I had all the tests in the world and they found nothing except peri. Some of us just have it worse than others.

I would trade my neck pain and head problems for good ol' hot flashes any day. That's one symptom I don't have. lol

Kori

Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #5
(female)

MarciB HB User

Kori...that is exactly how i felt---like i was having a stroke and like a light switch was being turned off-and i was shutting down. How do you handle these weird symptoms when you are with people??? I didnt have hot flashes either but last month i had 2 weeks of mini-flashes that came about 3 per hour and were extremely quick hot flashes--now they are gone...
the head pressure is life altering and i am not sure what to do-i am thinking of investigating "natural hormones"-like suzanne somers discussed in her book.
thanks for the reply

Old 09-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I just had to say that even though I've been dealing with perimenopause for the last four years I still have moments when I wonder if this really is related to hormones. For instance...today I was talking to someone and suddenly felt lightheaded and off balanced. I was standing up and had to try to remain still. This sensation finally subsided...but for a moment I wondered, "Is this really perimenopause or should I contact the doctor?" Then I came to my senses and realized that it's probably related to the sinus congestion and virus that I have. Yes, I know that I'm quick to blame everything on perimenopause... and if this cold isn't gone in a few days I'll definitely attribute it to hormone imbalance, lol .

God Bless .

Last edited by Hopefully; 09-06-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Closed Thread