It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
What is the EARLIEST you all started symptoms of perimenopause?

I just turned 36, but my great grandma went through menopause at 38, mom died when I was 11 and my grandma had a hysterectomy in her early 30's. I have all the classic symptoms of perimenopause and am getting tested for it. Just curious how early some of you have started the symptoms. Thanks, Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

piano lady HB User
Re: What is the EARLIEST you all started symptoms of perimenopause?

Michelle, many women begin experiencing progesterone deficiency in their early 30s. I believe, based on Dr. John Lee's books, that the hormone progesterone relieves more menopausal symptoms than estrogen. I have posted in other threads regarding progesterone creams, so I won't repeat it here. There is lots of information out there on natural, herbal solutions for menopause that won't give you cancer.

Take care,
Piano Lady

Last edited by piano lady; 11-30-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
(female)

Wizard HB User

It can differ greatly from person to person.

My sister had her first signs at age 39 right after the birth of her last child. I had absolutely no symptoms of it until I reached around age 46. My mother never did have a single sign of it and just eased her way naturally into menopause.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
(female)

Spin22 HB User

For me it was around 38. I had what felt like panic/anxiety. Like a hot flush feeling. My face and neck would turn bright red and I would feel like passing out. If I was driving I would have to pull over until it passed. Fortunately those have almost stopped completely. Of course only to be replaced by a myraid of other symptoms. The other thing I noticed at that age was heavy heavy periods with cramping. I never had cramps as a young women so this was pretty upsetting. I am now 48 and still have monthly periods. On the other hand I know friends of mine who completely stopped having periods by the time they were 40. My mother is 73 years old and still spots occasionally and suffers from frequent hot flashes. I guess everyone is different. What are the symtoms you are feeling?

:

Old 12-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

I was in my mid to late 30's when I began having "mild" symptoms. When I turned 42 that is when I began experiencing the full affects of hormone imbalance.

In my 30's I had occasional irregular periods, aches, pains, pms that was elevated to pmdd, mood swings, and mild hot flashes. Then I went through years of chills about 1-2 weeks before my period. When I say chills I'm talking about teeth chattering, shaking, quivering, deep bone freezing chills.

I'm now 46 and after over 4 years of full blown perimenopause I'm finally beginning to settle down. I'm still taking compounded progesterone and dhea cream which has made a wonderful difference in my life. Thank God.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

I was in my mid 40s when I feel I started. ...just had some irregular periods (coming closer together and spotting) and here I am at 52 and still getting my period. BUT, it has gotten better. I think my worst time was at 48-50 ..a lot of stomach stuff, nightsweats, pms all the time it seemed and just about every symptom in the book. I now have skipped my period a few times over the past year or so (record has been 4 months without it) but then it goes back to getting it every 25 days. This time I am on day 30 something , feel like it could come anyday. and certainly feel the familar pms feelings. But as a whole much better than I was when I first started posting a few years ago!!

rmc

Old 12-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User

I was 39 when I first noticed symptoms, I'm now 49 and starting to skip periods last one I had was in July but I know it's not over yet ...lol..... Dee

Old 12-14-2006, 04:29 AM   #8
(female)

WandaJean HB User

I sarted when I was about 35 and now I am 42 and my family doctor said according to blood tests I am in full menopause(yet just last week I had 3 days of spotting, nothing for 8 months prior)....the joys of womanhood

Closed Thread