It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User
What exactly is a cold flash?

I guess I am confused as to exactly what a cold flash is. I have experienced hot flashes lately. I have had what I think is a cold flash but I'm not really sure that is what it is. I just know I was laying in bed one evening and I got this very strange sensation come over me. From my head to my toes...it was like a buzzy feeling, lightheaded, as if I was coming out of my own skin. I almost thought I was dying. I opened my eyes and concentrated on my breathing and it subsided.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: What exactly is a cold flash?

I am not familiar with the term cold flash, but I know about chills. Before perimenopause I use to get deep down to my bone chills, that had me shivering, that would occur about a week before my period would start. It usually occurred at night. Nowadays, four years later, I'll occasionally get the same chills.

Maybe someone else will reply who is familiar with a cold flash.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

lilypad1 HB User

Dear Brandy,i use the term "cold flash"as it is at the very extreme of a "hot flash".I have periods throughout the day
of having the feeling i am freezing to death,the kind of chill
no extra clothes can fix.The only way i can get warm is to take a very hot bath,this warms me up for a couple hours
I have most of the other peri symptoms except,no hot flashes.I am 48 years old,hope this helps.sincerely lily

Old 12-20-2006, 06:01 AM   #4
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

Thanks Hopefully and Lily!

I guess I get those too then. I get so cold that I find it hard to warm up. I just wonder what it is that is happening then since its not a cold flash. Of course its only happened twice to me with the weird spacey feeling when I went to bed where I felt like a fog was coming over my head and I was lightheaded.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
(female)

Dannaboo HB User

I have these, especially before a period. I too have to take a hot bath to get the feeling back in my hands and feet. On the days I have these spells, I have night sweats too. It's very much like having a fever that's going up (chills) then it breaking during the night (sweats). I just purchased an electric blanket to get up under when I have the chills. My daughter got me house shoes with heated warmers in them just for these spells! I'm 44 and struggling with many symptoms.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

I've just recently really started with the night sweats. Last night I was wearing a light summery type of nightgown and I woke up and my entire chest and under the breasts were soaked with sweat. I get the hot flashes from time to time and when I'm like that I toss the covers off and then the next minute I'm freezing and have to cover up. No wonder we don't get a good nights sleep anymore. I am 49 going on 50 in two months. No period now for going on seven months. Don't miss the flow but hate all this other stuff that is going on. lol

Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

I am 51 and still getting periods. currently it has been gone for 2 months and my record for being without it was last year for 4 months. Anyway, this thread I can relate to as I get cold flashes and NOT hot flashes. I guess I can say I got hot flashes in the form of the night sweats a couple years ago pretty regularly , but no hot flashes at all during the day or what other women describe. Have had a lot of other symptoms since my late 40s but not that.

The cold flashes I imagine feel like the hot ones but in reverse : I get really cold, and even with 2 blankets it can be still where I feel chilled. It passes but when it happens it is very uncomfortable.

Glad to know I am not alone in this.

rmc

Closed Thread