It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User
sweating, clammy, almost passing out!

Hello ladies,

I have a couple of questions. I am 40, havve my period heavy today. There are large clots with bright red blood (sorry, gross I know!). I had a lot of internal pressure along with rectal pressure, which i sometimes get now. Well I went to go to the bathroom and almost passed out! I was sweating, white as a sheet and clammy. Have any of you ever experienced this? I dont have a mom to talk to and ask her so I thought maybe some of you could help me. Now I am doing much better, getting ready to clean the house. My husband was afraid to leave me here so my son offered to stay home with me. It took me a while to think wow maybe it is because of my period? ( I know a little slow!!!!!) Thanks sooo much for the help!!!!!
Kerri

Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Re: sweating, clammy, almost passing out!

Kerri........ I have had this happen to me before also ...... Dr told me it was caused by blood loss and drop in my blood pressure. He said if I feel like I'm going to faint again just lie down and prop my feet up .... You may want to talk to your dr if you have this happen again...I take b/p med's and if it drops to low I will get cold,clammy skin.... Hope this helps.... Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

thank you so much for letting me know! I felt truly awful, almost like if i had the stomach flu! My sis said it is a consequence of getting older. I dont feel older so i dont know what she is talking about! lol-I am almost looking forward to real menopause so that this stuff will stop but then i am sure it will be something else! lol If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know so that i know i am not alone. I dont take any meds or anything and if it happens again, i might check my BP while it is happening. Thanks again...

Kerri

Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
(female)

roland92 HB User

Kerri,
I would check your blood pressure and talk to a doctor. Blood pressure can make you feel this way.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
(female)

Shamrock HB User

Kerri,Also have them check your blood count(CBC) to see if you may be anemic,especially if your period is heavy alot. This was happening to me and I was having heart palpitations as well. When they checked my blood they found that I was very anemic and now I'm taking iron 3 times a day! Good Luck!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
(female)

Nance77 HB User

I get the same thing when I have my period heavy, like the 2nd or 3rd day...I feel weak, shaky, like I may pass out, and then I get sweaty and cold...I find it helps if I make sure I eat something, and don't go too long without eating when I have my period, and if I just lie down I feel better...
Nancy

Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

thank you for the replies! It helps to know that ia m not alone. THat is what happened to me, i got clammy, sweaty white and then i layed down for a bit and i was okay when i got up. THis hormonal thing is definitely not any fun! lol

Closed Thread