It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Smile menopause and emotions

Ladies who are post menopause. Sid i know you are but I am not sure of ages. Most of the girls are young so it might be me and you. Had the last one on march 11, 2004. Yes i was thrilled so i remember the date well. Am done with all the hot flashes and night sweats thank God. it took two full years but I am comfortable. question??? every month around the 11th I am PMS. and I mean PMS. the irritibility, insomnia, cravings, bloating, fatigue all of it. only lasts a couple of days but I find I now get depressed and very anxious. would like to cry for maybe 2 days all day. Do you think there is any link between being post-menaopause emotions and PTSD, anxiety, depression? I know this might sound like a dumb question But it just seems my emotions go crazy around this time and I guess I am not sure if that's what it is or if the sadness will come and go like this for awhile due to the PTSD. I know i'm rambling but i'm not sure if i'm wording it in a way that makes sense.

Hugs,
PMS ICC

Old 01-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User
Re: menopause and emotions--you can join FTM

Dear ICC,

I think that this one is strictly Menopausal. I get the bloated crap around the time that I would have at that "wonderful time of the month." Sometimes I get a little emotional too. But I think it's menopausal, and NOT related to PTSD. But that's just my opinion. Hang in there this to shall pass. Although I still have hot flashes...................

Hugs,

Sid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear ICC,

From what I know of post menopause, there is less estrogen produced. This can cause fluctuations in moods and even massive symptoms of depression.

You've had your cycle regularly throughout your life and it could be that your body is still on that same monthly biological "time clock."

Having PTSD, in my estimation, would only intensify situations.

As you have limited the discussion to mood variations, I will stick to the topic.(i'm learning ).

Take care
God Bless
FTM

Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Lost_in_Time HB User

Awwwwwwwwwww, man!! The "other" stuff has been so bad all my life that I have soooooo looked forward to menopause. You have just burst my bubble about it!!! Which is worse though???

Old 01-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Dearest lost,

With this information.....you will probably run to the nearest hospital and check in... MENOPAUSE is WORSE!!!!! At least that's my opinion.....

Hugs,

Sid
ps......I loved your post, I smiled then laughed......

Old 01-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Lost_in_Time HB User

Oh, dear, I was living for menopause..........

Old 01-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lost --- i agree with Sid that was great.I also lived for meno. mother and sister both had hysterechtomys (my spelling stinks) and I used to ask the dr. what he had against me that he wouldn't give me one. I am sooooooo happy to be rid of "it" but have to say the years of perimenopause were not at all easy and the first two years of meno I thought i would lose my mind with the constant sweating day and night. covers on , cover off. Sid I have been lucky to have gotten rid of all that but my belly is now alot lower than it used to be and so are other body parts I thought this was possible to have PMS symptoms and that's all it was since it's the exact time of the month. I guess this will go on forever.

FTM----I invited you. if you have education on meno which I am sure you do please add to the mix. I wasn't sure if the mood swings were from that or my emotional disorders. it's so hard to tell sometimes. Nothing is wrong and when I thought of the date that's when it hit. me. Just more complications. after all between you, Sid and myself you are the only one getting pregnant.

Love you guys,
ICCxo

Last edited by ICC; 01-13-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

Dear lost.....

I would rather DIE for PTSD, than to EVER have to go through MENOPAUSE.....

Hugs,

Sid

Old 01-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Sid----did you have a horrible time? I guess you really just answered that. How long to it go on through peri into meno?

Lost-----what's up? are you having probelms in that area? or do you just hate it?

ICC

Last edited by ICC; 01-13-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Lost_in_Time HB User

Okay, will leave the topic of menopause. It's too depressing!!! (Only half joking/serious about that.)

Yes, to whoever asked me. I have had severe periods all my life AND I hate it.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Lost------ my sister was like that. suffered each time. cramps to the point where she would miss 2 days of school or work a month. I was lucky . never had a problem until I got whacky through peri-menopause. Everyone is different. I feel if you need something to stabilize your mood especially if it's hormone related and there is a real possibility that your hormones are making matters worse the Gyn is the guy for the job. I'm not an avid believer in HRT but if it's needed then it's needed. I figure why suffer anymore than you have to when there's help out there. ok i'll let the menopause go for now since it's depressing you. Some day all the crap you go through will be over.

Love you , keep safe and I will pray that ther eare no power outages. I must live in the dark as I didn't even know there was a storm out there.

Crazy ICC

Old 01-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

ICC,

First hot flash was at 41....I am 53 now. Not as many, but they are still with me. The mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes, irritability, bed periods, no periods, light ones, AWFUL one, cramps, migraines, headaches, swelling, you name it.... I HAD IT.......

Like I said I would rather DIE from PTSD than ever LIVE for MENOPAUSE......

Hugs,

Sid

Old 01-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

I often wonder how women cope with problems like that and how they live day to day life feeling like crap. How was childbirth? Easy/hard/long???

ICC

Old 01-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

hergy HB User

I have long dreaded menopause. I'm getting closer. Oh, boy.

I have Bipolar I, PTSD and a bit of other crap. I've been aware of the effects of the curse after the 'curse' for a long time. For now, I have 2 weeks of mad PMS, a long, painful period, and one week of 'normal' me.

I'm a moody, crazybox already. Though my childbearing years are not pleasant, I dread menopause even more. What will the world do with me when my hormones start exploding into wild action?! There's no medication to heal what will ail me.

Man, I hope it will at least hold off until I get a few issues under control.

I feel for you ICC and Sid. I truly do. You are genuine troopers. Hot flashes - ugh! I won't be the first and not the last.

With all there is to contend with, it's wierd that many women still tend to live a bit longer than men.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Nikki

Old 01-14-2007, 03:09 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

isitme HB Userisitme HB User

icc -Did you read my mind? Seriously, over the last couple of days, I debated posting here about the same thing. Funny, it was suggested by family that I was going through the change when I was 1st depressed, (family couldn't possibly think it was due to me having mental problems)! I am waiting for the end of periods and can't wait to be free of all that stuff. Anyway, I'd like to make a point. It was at the same time that my periods disappeared (for a few months) that this new anxiety problem occured. I was wondering if it was just a coincidence? I've never needed anxiolytics on top of the AD's. And since a period, my mood has lifted too. PS - all has headed south with me too. You are not alone.

Closed Thread