It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

kjsoukup HB User
Anyone? Menopause without symptoms?

Good morning everyone,

Had my a hysterectomy in 2001, kept my ovaries. I had my hormone levels checked a few years ago and was told I wasn't even in peri-menopause yet. Now my Dr. (a new Dr.) took my levels and said I'm in menopause. My FSH is 28.2 and LH is at 44.

I never had any symptoms that I could tell were any indication I was either going into or was in menopause. About a month ago for one week I had night sweats and a few hot flashes so I thought ok this is the beginning. But it only lasted a week,then nothing.

Has anyone gone into menopause without any symptoms that told you it was happening?

I just don't feel I'm menopausal. Can that be?

Thanks
Kris

Old 02-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Anyone? Menopause without symptoms?

golly kris, luck you if you are in peri and no symptoms at all. you don't say how old you are, so maybe that has a bearing on things? perhaps last months sweats/flashes were the very beginnings of something starting, or maybe you're going to one lucky lady and sail through it all, and we'll all HATE you!!! (only kidding, we'll just wish it was us!) hope you continue to be symptom free.

sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
(female)

kjsoukup HB User

liverpool Sue,

I'm 53 years old. Guess I'll have to do some more research. I realize that the average age for menopause is 51 but I still don't feel any different, no symptoms, etc. But according to the counts from the lab work I'm in menopause.

Can menopause come on just like that, no warning signs, no symptoms, and it's here?

Thanks for your response.
Kris

Old 02-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
(female)

Jennybug HB User

I just responded to the post on being cold during menopause. I am cold. However, after starting menopause at 53 and now being 56, I can say that I have never had a symptom other than my periods stopping. No flashes, no sweats, and yes, my 2 sisters hate me. There are a certain % of women who do not have bothersome symptoms. Count thy blessings!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

NJpeg HB User

Hi - I'm 49 - my periods just stopped this past October - I had nothing leading up to that - my periods have always been regular. I had two months since then of hot flashes/night sweats, then nothing since then. It would be nice if that's it - but it's probably too early to tell!! I'm feeling good so far!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mz Migraine HB UserMz Migraine HB User

Will be 57 this year. Never had night sweats or hot flashes. Have migraines instead.

Blood tests in "2000" confirmed peri-menopause started. Same year the migraines started.

Lastest blood test: 1/27/07 still peri-menopausing!!!!

Yup, I'm still having migraines. Female GYN told me this could last for a max of 15 years!!!!! ~~~fainting~~~

Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #7
(female)

norfolkgal HB User

One of my friends has gone through menopause without a single symptom, her periods just stopped and that was it!

Closed Thread