It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

danigirl HB User
Had it with all of this nausea, anxiety, please help!!!

I have had it with not knowing every morning what I'm going to feel like for the day. I have had off and on nausea for about a month now. I feel like I have the flu, or have morning sickness all day!!

The anxiety is now back as well. It's almost like I feel good (or halfway normal) for a few months, then it comes back, only worse this time. This is the worst it's ever been for me. I have literally tried everything in the past, so I just don't know what to do now, and that makes me even more depressed and anxious.

Can anyone share what they do on a daily basis to get through this, especially the nausea? I know it's probably all been said before, but I really need some help with this. Thanks so much everyone.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Had it with all of this nausea, anxiety, please help!!!

are you sure you're not pregnant i don' know what to do about the nausea. i only get it when i eat certain things. i do know about the anxiety and i am on buspar for that. i am in year 9 of peri and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. i became very anxious 3 years ago and was put on buspar. then last summer right before a period the anxiety broke through and i upped the meds. didn't have a period for 7 months and then the end of Dec anxiety broke through again. had a period in jan. no period since and anxiety better. check with your doc about the nausea. it must be awful to feel that way all the time. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

danigirl HB User

Ha! No, I am not pregnant. A couple years ago when I had the nausea before, the doctor did all kinds of blood work, and there was nothing. I just had a urine, and other blood work done last week as well as a pap smear. So those should be back this week. Don't know what else it could be other than my hormones going all wacko. I know when I was pregnant I had horrible morning sickness, So I'm assuming its my hormones. I always got sick when I used to take the pill as well.

Anyone else??

Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
(female)

roland92 HB User

dani,
I get the nausea and the anxiety also. I don't have any advice on how to make it go away. I get it every month and I feel that it is related to hormones. I would like to rid myself of the anxiety without meds but have not come up with anything for this yet. Nothing works for my nausea. It is like morining sickness. If anyone else has a cure, please post it! T.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
(female)

lilypad1 HB User

Dear Dani,i'm sorry you are suffering with nausea and anxiety.If i am having a bad spell with nausea a good preventative tablet(Gravol Ginger Tablets)work well.I take 2,soon as i get up in the morning.If no relief from that,i take a regular Gravol pill.Hope this helps,let us know.Sincerely lily

Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
(female)

danigirl HB User

I will try those Gravol Ginger! Thanks so much! You all at least have put my mind at ease that it's not anything serious. I just hate it though, I can't even go grocery shopping without gagging. I hope this passes soon. I think I'd rather have a hot flash then this...but then again, I don't know!!

Old 05-11-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
(female)

s cubed HB User

I had the nausea thing for months and was so stressed out by it. Had all kinds of tests and they all came back negative. I started chewing gum which relieved the stress and believe it or not stopped the nausea. I never leave home without gum anymore. It really has helped. Good luck.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #8
(female)

cutieshirl HB User

I had those same feelings before my dr put me on HRT, now I went to go see him yesterday thinkin that I need to up my meds cause of the crying jags, he says its not that, its because of my grief with mom passing last august. I guess I still haven't dealt with it properly. Anyway, the anxiety is there at bedtime for a bit, but he wants me to see a counsellor and also try effexor which is an anti depressant to build up my serotonin, anyone have any other suggestions instead of that? I would rather try somthing over the counter instead of that....

Old 05-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

I don't have any ideas for you about what OTC to take for anxiety, I take Xanax on occasion and it really helps. I have never had much luck with any OTC products for anything. But,the ginger candy does help with nausea. I don't think the anxiety is all still grief from losing your mom. I am a firm believer that peri menopause plays a big role because of changing hormone levels. I am an only child, never met my father and I lost my mother 4 years ago. She was my best friend. I love my husband, daughter and granddaughter but they can never fill the void that not having my mom has left. I guess I won't ever know how to deal with the loss, I think about her everyday. I really think my anxiety comes from these stupid hormones changing. Doctors don't want to admit hormones can cause anxiety. I was 48 when I lost my mom, the only bad peri symptom I was having was heart palps and they started before she died. Within the last 1 1/2 years things have gotten awful. I am about ready to try HRT to see if it helps. Don't hesitate to try Effexor for awhile, I know it helps alot of people. Good Luck, Ann

Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
(female)

cutieshirl HB User

Gonna see how the counselling goes...also I should say the anxiety is pretty mildI used to suffer from panic attacks years ago and this is mild, so not ure if I really need the pills, but will keep them anyway.....I too believe that peri is causing alot of these symptoms, I agree that I hate this way too...Will keep youposted

Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
(female)

smvdelv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigirl View Post
Can anyone share what they do on a daily basis to get through this, especially the nausea? I know it's probably all been said before, but I really need some help with this. Thanks so much everyone.
Hi,

I am an infrequent visitor to these boards, but I always find myself coming back when the nausea acts up. Even after having a million tests done over the past couple of years (which all came back normal), it is comforting to come here and read that others are going thru the same thing.

Anyway, I found this suggestion on another board a while ago, and I really think it has helped me a lot.

Ginger Zingiber Officianale (500 mg) - 1 three times a day
Licorice Root Extract (DGL) chewable tablets - 1 twice a day

The licorice must be DGL since the others can cause high blood pressure.

I have not had to take it for a long while, now, but did just take both today, after two days of "off and on" nausea. You hit it on the head when you say it is like morning sickness! That is exactly how I describe it, and it makes sense, because both are hormones in an uproar!!!

Hope you find relief. I can totally sympathize. When I am nauseous, I just want to crawl under a rock.

Closed Thread