It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
Question on period after not having one for 6 months

Hello all you wonderful beautiful women!! (even if when you look into the mirror you don't recognize who is looking back at you!)

I'm 50, have been in peri for at least the past 10 years, and have not had a period in 6 months. Yay! In the past, my main clue that I was going to get my period was extreme breast tenderness. Well, for the past few days, my breasts have been so tender, just like they used to feel.

I don't want to get my period!! Is it normal to feel the symptoms of getting a period, but not actually bleed? Other months I have experienced the weepies or the grumpies that usually go hand in hand with my period.

Should I start looking for that box of pads that is probably covered with dust??

thx!!

Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Question on period after not having one for 6 months

maybe. i am 52 and in my 9th year of peri. i didn't have a period for 7 months and then started getting pms symptoms and bam! there it was. that was 3 months ago and not one since. just go with the flow or not in this case. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
(female)

maearls HB User

I am so looking forward to start skipping periods - instead of the continous ones that go on forever!
Hopefully the skipping will start soon - I'm 49 and have been dealing with perimenopause for approx. ten years.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

I am almost 3 months without a period and feel worse than when I had them even though they were heavy and long. I am so bloated and nauseated. My breasts are not tender so I don't think I will start anytime soon. I have read where you can all the symptoms of getting ready for your period, but it doesn't come. I think it's called a phantom period. Anybody feel worse without their periods than before? I thought things were to get better! Ann

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
(female)

RightFootMary HB User

Hi All - I'm 58 and I'm about 18 months post menopause (had my "last" flow Sept 05). I had some problems before that and had to have 2 D&Cs (one in Feb 04 and one in March 05). I think I'm finally "done" but I do know I felt better when I was getting cycles. I had more energy and I slept better. Not sleeping for me is the worst part. I go right to sleep but then can wake up every hour on the hour!! Not good when you are working full time and try to stay awake at work!!

Yes you can have "phantom periods" which are worse then the real thing. I did find out one thing though - if you go more than 6 months without a period and then get one - and especially if you go more than 12 months - it is worth a call to your doctor. They might want to check things out just to be sure. Or if a period lasts more then a week.

When I started skipping I went 4 months and then had a "doosey" that lasted a month. I didn't think too much of it because I figured I had skipped and was just "making up for lost time". Then in a week it came back again so I called the doctor. I had to have some tests and then the D&C and I was told don't wait that long to call the doctor. Especially if things are "not normal". This is just such a "wonderful time of life" NOT!!

Hope everyone is doing well. This Board is a wonderful place to meet others going through the same things.

Mary

Closed Thread