It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

LeAnne57 HB User
Palpitations, shortness of breath, natural hormone supplements.

Has anyone who has palpitations and shortness of breath related to perimenopause gotten any relief from natural hormone supplements? I have something called EstroNatural that has vitamins, dateseed extract, magnolia bark extract, soy, black cohosh, etc. I've been through the wringer with heart, lung and blood tests, all normal, so my doctor has finally decided these are a combination of perimenopausal symptoms and stress, and I agree. I'm already taking a beta-blocker, which is helping somewhat, and am starting on Paxil soon, but I was just wondering if it would help to take the natural supplements. Thanks!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

Wizard HB User
Re: Palpitations, shortness of breath, natural hormone supplements.

HI:

I tried a product call Swiss Natural HRT that has black cohosh, passionflower and lemonbalm in it but it didn't do anything for my anxiety and palpitations. I haven't tried the one you're testing. I also tried a number of different herbal products for hypersensitivity and stress related problems. I didn't see much difference with them.

I found that a mix of B Stress vitamins, flax seed oil and Omega 3's helped to some degree. I felt a little more balanced and settled. I only got total relief from all the symptoms when I went to natural progesterone cream.

Every person is totally different in all this so about the only thing you can do is try various products and see what works for your symptoms. It's such a crap shoot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
(female)

meblonde HB User

I had heart pulptations. I gave up all caffine. and they went away.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
(female)

meblonde HB User

I had heart pulpitations.. I gave up caffine and they stopped..

Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
(female)

Btoons HB User

Palpitations are often part of menopause, but it is also sometimes caused by things we 'take' from over-the-counter to self medicate some menopausal symptoms that seem unlikely, such as Motrin.

With menopause comes severe headaches, joint and muscle pain. (Though we don't often equate those pains consciously with menopause) we simply use what we have in the medicine cabinet. Frequently the implied dosage is two every 6-8 hours. But we also know that when we've had for example dental work, the doctor has prescribed prescription dosages that appear to equate to 4 of the non-prescription.

Non prescription Motrin in large doses (not just motrin, but also tylenol and their generic equivelants) are not the same chemical structure as those via prescription. Over time these do some pretty dangerous stuff to the human body: Severe palpitations, breathlessness, difficulty urinating (slow stream and a feeling the bladder still holds urine)...these are SOME of the ones we become conscious of, but there are other more silent problems too.

One of the scariest 'causes' of menopause is that doctors have a hard time treating symptoms and that 'effects' the sufferor to find ways to self-medicate.

Take a look at any medications you are presently taking. If you can eliminate any other offenders, then the symptoms are probably menopausal but I would recommend talking to your doctor regardless!

Closed Thread