It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
Dr Says Im In Menopause

hi all well my D.0 internal medicine dr checked my hormones and says yes im just starting menopause and i thought id be upset but im now have pease of mind knowing this im only having depression ,crying spells and no sex drive so far no hotflases or nightsweats i will be 45 in june but i lost my left ovary jan 2006 im seeing a female dr for this and my internal medicine dr for my thyriolds and other stuff are the hormone replcements meds safe ? what do any of you other women take for this i have to have something the crying spells are the worst plus my poor hubby i havent had sex in i cant even remember but if the dr can give me something to bring back my sexdrive and to help with the depression and crying i will feel alot better my 1 sister is in menopause too shes 51 but she tried to tell me all my symtons were thyriolds but i ask my dr to test my hormones just to be sure and i was right i thought i was and i was bound to go through it sooner or later like all women some have worse symtons then others but im just beginning so i dont know whats ahead for me hope its not real bad but for now i need something.
vickie

Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Dr Says Im In Menopause

i understand the depression and no thought of sex. i also have anxiety. and thyroid issues. in fact my thyroid meds were decreased about 7 weeks ago after being on the same dose for years. about 4 1/2 weeks ago i started feeling depressed and it has slowly worsened. i had my thyroid test redone on monday and am waiting for a call back today to see what is going on there. i was feeling the best i had ever felt in a long time before they decreased my meds. i hope that is what it is. you might want to try an antidepressant although i'm not sure what it will do for you sex drive. they can cause a problem in that area. here's hoping we get through it with our minds intact. God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

well i did try several anti depressents like effexor xr 75 mg paxil celexa zoloft and none helped really but that was when i was having thyriold trouble only i didnt know it if im just starting menopause would i need any hormone stuff ? and the sex drive is not really gone but dealing with this thyriold i was just never in the mood and had no energy but iam crabby ,cry here and there and depression from time to time i did have a little spotting in march but it was so lite you couldnt even see it ,but so far no hotflashes or nightsweats could this be kind of like prei menopause ? i just cant handle the crying and depression of this but according to my sister who also has thyriold says that once my thyriolds are leveled out right all this other stuff should go away is that true?shes 51 my other suister whos 52 said she was around my age when the crying and depression started for her she got the hotflashes later or hopefully (wishfull thinking ) i wont get the hotflashes but like they say every woman is different i will post my fsh level tonight would you know what it meant if i post it ? im on the 75mcgs of thyriold meds and maybe thats why i went from 2.58 then way back up to 7.11 i dont feel too bad today and i wasnt even upset when they told me i was starting menopause .oh and i also have the aneity i take xanax for that and at times my heart beats fast .but i just started feeling like this the crying and stuff for like a month or 2 ....
hugs vic

Last edited by vickie45; 05-03-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

well its not menopause the dr who told me to come back in a yr with my thyriolds is the one who called i thought it was my new dr so i called my new dr they said they never called and so i called my gyn and i just had my hormone test done in march and he said it was normal and guess what im feeling WONDERFULL i go see my D.O dr tomorrow for a follow up about my colon and i have a colon ospicie and a scope done may 14th to find out why my stomach hurts and also for the constipation and see my dad died from colon cancer and my sister has it now but shes in remission .and he told me yes the crying and depression and crabbiness is all from the thyriolds im so glad i found a good dr at last and hes very good too.but sooner or later i will go through menopause i hope its not bad either but i will deal with what comes my way if we can handle this ugly thyriold illness we should be able to handle menopause i hope..........vic

Closed Thread