It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Anyone else notice tender or sore breasts with peri?

These last few cycles, my breasts get very sore. Mostly towards the outer part of my breast toward the arm pit and the bottom of my breast.

I keep checking for a lump or cyst but feel nothing. I just had a mammo and that came back fine. I'll be going for my well check in a couple of weeks, but I was just wondering if this is going to be an issue with perimenopause. I'm 44yrs old.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: Anyone else notice tender or sore breasts with peri?

Hi irisrose,

I'm 48 and have been getting this same sypmtom for a couple of years or so. It's usually about a week and a half before my period starts, but some months it seems to last most of the month. This month I'm particularly messed up, because my period came about a week early, and yes, I was gettting sore about 4 days before it started, and I seem to still have it on day 5.
I never know what to expect these days. My gyn said I can take progesterone for the half the month starting on day 12 of my cylce, and this would held them become more regular, but I read the side effects, and breast tenderness is on the list, so I'm not sure (among other reasons), is I want to go this route.
I really wish I would stop having my periods and just be done with all of this.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Thanks Mary!

I used to use progesterone cream but mostly for my periods. They seemed to have gotten heavier or some months not as heavy but longer. The progesterone cream really seemed to help there. Maybe it was helping with my sore breasts too.

I just bought some vitamin supplements that are supposed to help with sore breasts and I might use the progesterone cream again if those don't help.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
(female)

s cubed HB User
Smile Re: Anyone else notice tender or sore breasts with peri?

I've had the same thing since January. Bothers me alot more about a week before and after period. My right breast area and under my arm and in my bicep area. Had a mammogram and ultrasound 2 months nothing found in that breast , but some calcification found in one that doesn't bother me. Guess it's another peri thing. Doctor said it could be muscular. In other words he had no idea. Since I noticed it bothered me more around period time I assuming this is all hormonal . Another annoying thing to live with. Tried taking calcium and magnesium supplements and it does feel a little better.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
(female)

catherine98 HB User

Well, I missed my period in March, got it in April! Note, my body is a clock when it comes to getting my period. This was the first time I had missed my period. I had a mammogram done this past Fall (it came back fine). So I had my period in april, it lasted for 3 days. My period has shortened by a day. Since my last period in April my breasts are tender (going into the 3rd week now). The tenderness gets better as I move around throughout the day. However, when I wake up in the morning, and I turn on my side I get almost shooting (electrifying) pain that starts at the base of the breasts to the nipples. I then get up and it goes away. I'm 44 years old. I've had a lot of stress for the last year and a half. I have also gained 6 pounds in the last 4 months. I'm 30 pounds overweight. Am I going through peri-menopause? I'm worried.

Closed Thread