It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
(female)

june74 HB User
Cool Hot Flash "aura"

Hi,
I am new to HealthBoards and have a question about hot flashes.

Occasionally when I first wake up, I will get a peculiar feeling in my upper chest--kind of a flush without the heat, if you can imagine. It's kind of a mildly tight, tingly feeling.

(I told the doctor about this a couple of years ago and she ran the cardiac battery of stuff so I'm pretty confident that my heart is OK.)

This happens only when I am first waking up and it will happen for several days in a row and then disappear for days, weeks, or months even.

It happened just this morning and that prompted me to do a ****** search and I found that a symptom of hot flashes can be and "aura" or an odd feeling right before the flash.

AND I have sometimes noticed a hot flash right after the odd feeling. (But I must say that my hot flashes are fairly mild and I might have missed noticing it at times after the odd feeling. Or I got up and moved around and was distracted from noticing a mild flash.)

So the question is this: is anyone else out there with this odd upper chest tightness before a hot flash?? I know I can't be the only one!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Hot Flash "aura"

I have not noticed that feeling with a hot flash, but my flashes are fairly mild right now. I usually get heart palps when I have a flash. That feeling you get must have something to do with vasomotor response that comes with flash. I would bet alot of women get that sensation but consider it part of the hot flash. Something interesting all the time! Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Taimse HB User
Re: Hot Flash "aura"

I get an odd feeling before hot flash....like electrical charge/tingle ...almost like restless leg feeling throughout my whole body. Stomach is nauseous for about 10-20 seconds too. I get warm approximately 2 minutes later.

It happens a lot if I move position in bed...like roll over from side to back or sometimes if I even move a leg. I hate it. I get a lot of exercise and eat well....I wish one of these days, it would stop. I can't sleep some nights because of it.

Closed Thread