It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

Les56 HB User
Perimenopause symptoms

I have so many symptoms that sometimes I wonder how I know if they are hormone related or something else. The hot flushes/night sweats, aches and pains, dizziness, pain in mouth and face and nausea can all be other things and being that I suffer badly with panic disorder it is difficult to distinguish what is what. Do others of you feel the same?
Les56

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

SPENCER1968 HB User
Re: Perimenopause symptoms

It's going on 4 years with the same symptoms of hot flashes to face, hands, feet and neck area, dizzy, my whole body aches and unbalanced feeling, my period have gone from 5 days to 3 days. I go back to the endocrinologist June 6th to rule out any other possibilities that can mimic menopause. I have been through everything from heart monitor, god I cannot even tell you had many blood/urine tests I have gone through and not to mention anxiety pills which have not worked. I hope to have answers soon! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

korgiee HB User

I can relate and it is nice to see I am not alone. I am 51 and still getting my period. the last few months I have experienced horrible headaches, backaches and nausea like you wouldn't believe. No feeling of wanting to eat all all. This is always a week before and during. I have been to my doctor and I get so discouraged because they really don't know. I know it is all hormonal. Does anyone else have this and and are there any vitiamins that can help? Alyce

Old 05-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
(female)

roland92 HB User

I understand! i have so many symptoms that I too do not always know if they are peri or not. I suffer from anxiety that I know is caused by my worry about symptoms. It's just so hard to control it. We are not alone in this. I only wish that some doctor would specialize in peri and menopause and real research would be done on this. T.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
(female)

MmeLeota HB User

You have seen the list of 35 right? If not the address is below...I fell for you guys just starting, I have been through all this for 11 years...it is awful for sure. I think the anxiety is the worst right up there with the morning dizziness. I hope it is better for you all
[removed]

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-15-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

Here is the list. I posted it about a year ago...

Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling Irregular heart beat
Irritability
Mood swings, sudden tears
Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
Loss of libido
Dry vagina
Crashing fatigue
Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
Disturbing memory lapses
Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
Itchy, crawly skin
Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
Increased tension in muscles
Breast tenderness
Headache change: increase or decrease
Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Sudden bouts of bloat
Depression
Exacerbation of existing conditions
Increase in allergies
Weight gain
Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
Changes in body odor
Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
Tingling in the extremities
Gum problems, increased bleeding
Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
Osteoporosis (after several years)
Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.

Any woman can experience one or more of these at any given time during perimenopause. It is quite a change the body is put through and it is amazing how much our bodies are tied to the production of hormones. It is a roller coaster ride and one that has a light at the end. Don't despair. You will get through it. I know. Went through it for 13 years and now have reached menopause at the age of 50. FINALLY!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaBee For This Useful Post:
momtosixx (09-01-2012), mstoey (07-20-2012)
Old 05-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

Mommabee, it's good to hear from you again! Stick around, many of us are still fighting these peri symptoms and need your wisdom! Ann

Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
(female)

kellybag HB User

OMG, [AS MY DAUGHTER WOULD SAY] I have, or have experienced all of these symptoms! When one or more goes away, another batch starts up.
I am having all sorts of stomach problems now, and the crampy feeling that I wrote on this week. I have GERD, and I'm on Nexium and a probiotic as well. I feel nauseaus too. YUK!

Of course, every time I have the 'symptom du jour', the anxiety kicks in and I become obsessed with getting sick.
Out of breath and fast heart beat...must be heart desease.
Bloating and frequent urination...ovarian cancer
You name it. I HAVE IT!
And I'm now addicted to Wintergreen Lifesavers.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
(female)

lilypad1 HB User

Hi Kelly,just wondering what the Wintergreen mints do for you?Thanks Lily

Old 05-17-2007, 06:16 AM   #10
(female)

Beppie1 HB User

Can anyone offer help for these symptoms? The worse for me has been lack of energy and stamina and sleep disturbances. I tried bioidentical hormones that worked for awhile but I eventually stopped taking everything. Initially I felt better but not back to the above.

I am taking a great multivitamin. I eat really well and healthy. Still trying to exercise even though I feel like c__p.

I am 55 and it has been about 6 months with no bleeding at all. Before that about another 6 months.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
(female)

kellybag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad1 View Post
Hi Kelly,just wondering what the Wintergreen mints do for you?Thanks Lily
I wish I knew. I think it's a craving, or has something to do with my olfactory senses. I seem to be craving tastes like this.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:40 AM   #12
(female)

MmeLeota HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybag View Post
.......Of course, every time I have the 'symptom du jour', the anxiety kicks in and I become obsessed with getting sick.
Out of breath and fast heart beat...must be heart desease.
Bloating and frequent urination...ovarian cancer
You name it. I HAVE IT!
And I'm now addicted to Wintergreen Lifesavers.
LOL, you really made me laugh at that post..I do the same. I was just sitting here a few minutes ago with the heart flutters thinking, yeh the 2 doctors I saw were probably wrong and this is really something wrong..maybe even rare. and that little ache in my left side..something that is undetectable but serious. It makes me crazy, I used to be sooooo UP all the time, everyone called me when they needed to feel positive!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #13
(female)

whitsmom HB User

I have alot of those symptoms and was beginning to wonder what the heck was going on. Now, I think I might know. I have been having some dull cramping the last few days, but my period is already over for this month. Does anyone else have this? Nothing intolerable, but just dull, achey pain across my lower pelvis.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 AM   #14
(female)

charpo HB User

I have the cramping to. I skipped my period for a year then it came back and now its been a couple of months without it again. I'm a mess right now. My ears are buzzing, my whole body is buzzing, nausous, headaches, dry eyes, red eyes, feeling really out of sorts, even now my blood pressure is going wacky. I'm like everyone else and believes its not hormonal, but some kind of disease. I hope this gets easier. It seems every time I restart my period, my symptoms comes back worse then ever. Now yesterday on my eye lid there is a little bump. Someone else would probably just think nothing, but me I think there is cancer growing there or something. Help, help, help

Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #15
(female)

MmeLeota HB User

Ha...you made me laugh about the bump on your eye...I had that about 3 months ago...it drove me nuts, but not bad enough to go to the Dr. finally after a couple weeks it just went away!

Closed Thread