It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Menopause and sore nipples

I am 46yrs old and def perimenopausal and have had a positive over the counter menopausal test as well but I still have periods although in the last 10months things are all over the place. I can go anything from 3 weeks to 8 weeks between periods, I have always had ovulation pain but now if i get it it is agonising for a week whereas it used to only last a couple of days. My periods are anything from 3 days to 8 days long and some are short and lightish and others long and very heavy.

In the past I have rarely suffered from sore boobs and if I did it was the week before my period and it only affects one boob and I get a very tender nipple.

My last period was 10 days late and was shortish and not heavy but I had all the symptoms of ovulation on day 6 of my cycle! then on day 7 I got my tender nipple. I have now had this for 3 days.

I have had ultrasound of my bits and all is well down there!

I realise that at this time of life anyting goes and I have had so many changes to my usual cycles etc that nothing surprises me but I wondered how long I should leave it before I ask the Dr about my tender nipple.
I would not even think about it if it had come at the usual time but then I don't usually ahve ovulation on day 6 of my cycle either!

Oh joys of womanhood.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Menopause and sore nipples

hello gavi. as you say, the joys of womanhood, if it's not one thing it's another! i'm 54 and 15-16 months without a period, so am officially post menopausal.
ages ago, probably 8-10 years, i started getting terribly itchy nipples, to the point that i wore out a few bras with the continual scratching and rubbing to ease the itch. they became painful because of the scratching to relieve the itch, so not quite the same as you. well, lo and behold, i grew hairs round my nipples, so i think, for me, it was the hair follicles starting to produce the hairs that made my nipples so itchy. the only things which gave any relief was moisturiser, and wearing seamless bras, which i still do today.
great, isn't it? hair thins from some places, and starts growing in some other rather inappropriate places. i never did go and see the doctor about it, but, as i say, a bit different to your problem. hope this is of some help to you. have fun and good luck.

sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread