It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

danigirl HB User
Pain between back shoulder blades, chest discomfort

Last night I was lying in bed reading and I had these spasms, pains in between my back shoulder blades. I sat straight up and then they pretty much went away. Then today, I've been having just a general achiness in the same area along with the front part of my chest. Especially when I put a bra on, it makes it worse.

Does anyone else have this? I have taken Advil, but doesn't do very much. I also read that women with heart attacks get the pain between their back shoulder blades. Went to the doctor this afternoon, and he pretty much told me I was not dying of a heart attack...did an ECG, normal, blood pressure and pulse normal. He said it could be a flu, muscle or skeletal achiness and pain.

I'm still worried because its just an uncomfortable feeling...I've had so many different things with this peri, you just never know.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Wink Re: Pain between back shoulder blades, chest discomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigirl View Post
Last night I was lying in bed reading and I had these spasms, pains in between my back shoulder blades. I sat straight up and then they pretty much went away. Then today, I've been having just a general achiness in the same area along with the front part of my chest. Especially when I put a bra on, it makes it worse.

Does anyone else have this? I have taken Advil, but doesn't do very much. I also read that women with heart attacks get the pain between their back shoulder blades. Went to the doctor this afternoon, and he pretty much told me I was not dying of a heart attack...did an ECG, normal, blood pressure and pulse normal. He said it could be a flu, muscle or skeletal achiness and pain.

I'm still worried because its just an uncomfortable feeling...I've had so many different things with this peri, you just never know.
Hi Dani!

I had some terrible neck pain, just above my shoulder blades; nausea, tightness in my chest, a bit of trouble breathing, swelling in my hands and feet ....

this was over the past week.
I had been drinking a new drink (well, it's new to ME) and it contains white tea and green tea... might I add, I've been drinking A LOT of it.

Now Aunt Flo has visited me... I don't have any of those symptoms--except for the swelling and bloating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Pain between back shoulder blades, chest discomfort

Maybe it is your gallbladder. Just a suggestion. Godbless

Old 06-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian100 View Post
Maybe it is your gallbladder. Just a suggestion. Godbless

Gallbladder does all that? What are the symptoms?

Old 07-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Reflex can do this also. Acid Reflex. Can cause pain and discomfort in both chest and between shoulder blades.

Closed Thread