It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Spotting for 8 days, period two weeks late.

I am 46 yrs old and have been perimenopausal for past year with very irregular periods mostly one to four weeks late. I have had two pelvic ultrasounds in this time the last one a couple of months ago and all is normal in ovaries and womb.

About 5 months ago my period was 3 weeks late and I started daily spotting for 6 days then had the heaviest longest period of my life lasting 10 days.

After that the gap between periods has been longer than at anytime in my past about 5-6 weeks but the periods themselves have been lighter and shorter than normal.

This cycle I got to nearly 5 weeks and started spotting every day and have done for past 8 days but my period hasn't started.

The pelvic ultrasounds have reassured me and I have also had manual pelvic exam recently as well. I had a menopausal urine test that was positive a couple of months ago. My Dr says I am in classic perimenopause as I am also getting sore boobs at odd times of my cycle and my life long ovulation pain has stopped for months on end whereas I always got it every month.

How long should I leave it with this spotting before I go to the Dr??? I cannot be pregnant so can ignore that!

I have had two hysteroscopies in my late 30's for spotting between periods and it was hormonal and I don't want to go through it again if I can help it.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

korgiee HB User
Re: Spotting for 8 days, period two weeks late.

You are hormonal and in peri. This is what I have. You can go to the dr. for reassurance but they are not going to find anything wrong. I have the whole boob thing. They are so sore at the oddest time of the month. I am 51 and they are sore when I am suppose to be in the middle of the month. I am not due for my period until July 17th and this morning woke up bleeding a little more than spotting and said I must be early. Now, 12 hours later, no bleeding at all. Go figure. It is so silly for me even to say when when my period is due, because these days it comes early or late. And then I have a flow like Mt. Rushmore!!!! YOu are experiencing peri symptons. Do what makes you feel better. Alyce

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
(female)

Gavi112 HB User

Thanks Alyce - knowing I am not alone with my weird symptoms makes me feel so much less worried. I totally agree that you just do not know what is going to happen from one day to the next, its been an interesting year!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
(female)

Gavi112 HB User

Just an update - my spotting stopped after 8 days and I have now had two spot free days. i saw my GP to discuss the weird things going on and she says anything can happen at this time. She said that may have been my period but also I could suddenly get a very heavy long period in next week.
She said sometimes the womb lining gets very thick because the period is late and thats when you get the awful periods but at other times it doens't keep on getting thicker and you get a barely there period.

Its a wait and see game!

She said the only time to seek medical help is if you bleed heavily for more than two weeks or if you bleed slightly for more than a month.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gavi112 For This Useful Post:
eajunewick (04-12-2012)
Closed Thread