It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

mamabear123x HB User
passing endometrial tissue, what is this?

I am a bit worried. I had an earlier post about getting endometrial biopsy. I tried to go through with it but the doctor told me she couldn't get in so she had to stop. She is going to do an ultrasound of my uterus next week.

Here's the worrisome part. Right after she attempted to do the procedure, I bleed some that day (Wed). On Friday I started spotting and assumed it was was my too frequent period starting again (the reason for the biopsy; getting now every 18 to 21 days). On Friday I passed what looked like a string of tissue, light brown. I didn't think much of it and assumed it was from the procedure. Tonight I passed a very large clump of tissue, which made me anxious so I called the doctor. I was afraid it was an infection or something was wrong with my cervix from the procedure.

Well the doc that answered my call told me that I am most likely at age 43 having anovulatory cycles and the increased bleeding is not a real period but the release of the build-up of endometrial tissue. She said I am likely passing built up endometrial tissue. She said I need to be evaluated further and my doc will likely recommend a biopsy (DNC?) under anesthesia. She said this is not related to the failed biopsy.

I have never heard of passing endometrial tissue. The only info I can find on the Internet on reputable sites is in relation to sarcoma.

If anyone has ever experienced the passing of such tissue please answer my post. I'm really worried.

Thank you!

Mamabear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: passing endometrial tissue, what is this?

hello mamabear. i had a couple of episodes a few years ago where i passed something like you describe, one particularly was a large lump of 'stuff'. from what i know, i think it's fairly normal at this time of life to have things like this happen, and nearly always nothing to worry about. i never actually went to the doctor about it, just assumed it was something to do with the way my periods were at that time - irregular, heavy, light, infrequent, every other week, etc.... i just had my usual smear test done when the appointment came around, and it was fine. of course, i am not a doctor, but i truly think it's nothing to worry about and 'normal' at this time of life. good luck.

sue

The Following User Says Thank You to liverpool sue For This Useful Post:
hollyhoscheit (10-14-2011)
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
(female)

midwestgma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear123x View Post
I am a bit worried. I had an earlier post about getting endometrial biopsy. I tried to go through with it but the doctor told me she couldn't get in so she had to stop. She is going to do an ultrasound of my uterus next week.

Here's the worrisome part. Right after she attempted to do the procedure, I bleed some that day (Wed). On Friday I started spotting and assumed it was was my too frequent period starting again (the reason for the biopsy; getting now every 18 to 21 days). On Friday I passed what looked like a string of tissue, light brown. I didn't think much of it and assumed it was from the procedure. Tonight I passed a very large clump of tissue, which made me anxious so I called the doctor. I was afraid it was an infection or something was wrong with my cervix from the procedure.

Well the doc that answered my call told me that I am most likely at age 43 having anovulatory cycles and the increased bleeding is not a real period but the release of the build-up of endometrial tissue. She said I am likely passing built up endometrial tissue. She said I need to be evaluated further and my doc will likely recommend a biopsy (DNC?) under anesthesia. She said this is not related to the failed biopsy.

I have never heard of passing endometrial tissue. The only info I can find on the Internet on reputable sites is in relation to sarcoma.

If anyone has ever experienced the passing of such tissue please answer my post. I'm really worried.

Thank you!

Mamabear
How interesting.... I think I had the same thing going on for 52 days. When I finally stopped bleeding long enough to have a PAP Smear, it turned out that I have massive Fibroid Tumors. I had hoped to discuss Endometrial Ablation, since my periods have been so squirrelly the past two years, but she said I was WAY beyond that point. The next step is a Hysterectomy. At nearly 49 years old, I'm just fine with that.

I know what you mean, my "clumps" though... were these gross chunky bulbous globs.... (Well that's just about as gross as one can get, ya think?) At 43, are you finished having children or.... If they can keep your ovaries... perhaps you would consider a Hysterectomy... with your ovaries intact, you'll still get the natural estrogen we all need. I am just looking forward to no more bleeding and getting back to normal. Mine will be in September probably,... she said my uterus was the size of a woman - 4 months pregnant!

When she did the PAP on Monday, she also took a biopsy... I'm assuming to detect cancerous cells.

Hang in there... if you trust your Gyno... I'd recommend going with the diagnosis/recommendation. If you're still concerned - get a second opinion.

Good luck to you sweetie....

Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
(female)

mamabear123x HB User

Well I got an ultrasound this past week and she told me things look relatively normal. Still didn't get good answers about the disgusting tissue problem. I did have an infection from the failed biopsy, so now on antibiotics. I'm going to have a D&C in a month (after my vacation). I feel pretty bad right now after cramping and spotting for a week, I got my period. Now I'm going on a low-dose BC pill that's supposed to help with things. I'm skipping the placebo because I'm sick of having these painful crampy periods of late.

No more children. I'm quite happy with the ones I have.

Good luck with your plans.

Mamabear

By the way, the big hurdle for me is actually trusting a doctor. I had an extremely bad experience once which completely changed my outlook about medical care. But that's for another board....

Closed Thread