It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User
if your in meno due to your ovaries not working can it cause you to blackout?

hi i had my left ovary and tube removed jan 06 i went into sudden meno then 2 mos later got my period i did fine up till sept06 still had my period till dec06 in sept i started fainting i was awake and everything then dec 06 fainted again i was still having periods then from jan 07 to april they got worse ok now in june and july 07 i been blacking and the drs think it could be seizures im not sure what it is but its happening allmost everyday now i cant drive nor go to stores take walks nothing but now i was sitting on my couch and i had this spell and i just blacked out on my couch then i was so tired and went to sleep im also hypo and im not sure whats going on i did have blackout spells when i was 4 so have any of you women ever blackedout from meno since i only have the one ovary but i also have all my other female hormones could this be a seizure or can meno do this to a woman ?
thanks vickie

Old 07-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
(female)

gtts4u HB User
Re: if your in meno due to your ovaries not working can it cause you to blackout?

Have you had your cortisol levels checked? You said that your hypo, do you mean hypothyroid?
Anyways, when one hormone is out of whack, it is not uncommon for another to be also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: if your in meno due to your ovaries not working can it cause you to blackout?

yes they did the cortisol i go today for my results with my endo and yes i meant hypo thyroild and thats when all the fainting started is when my thyrold started going up it says high but what it means is its too low and in may 06 i was in walmart and i believe thats when my thyrolds went out of whack cause out of the blue i started crying nonstop for over a hr b / p was 206 /112 couldnt get a pulse heartrate was 160 i couldnt move my whole body went numb my face was beat red and i was sweaty all over i couldnt even remember much about it but the people at walmart helped me till my hubby got there and the ambulance and from that day on i just got worse the gp i was seeing then refused to test my thyrolds or hormones for over a yr so finally in dec 06 i went in after calling him daily begging him to please run them test he still refused so finally i told him id rather die then live this way well he sent me to a psychiatrist who found my tsh skyhight of 8.45 its now back to 9.52 i had to stop taking levothyroxine because this new dr i went to had me overmedicated so i went to a endo and she put me on 25mcgs of levoxyl i go today for my labs and foir her to up my dose to 50mcgs the 25mcgs are too low a dose and as for my hormones female that is last time it was checked it said 47.6 and my estronol wa low i dont have symtons of meno but that doesnt mean im not in meno but thyrolds illness are pretty close to the same symtons of meno when my tsh is high i get depression cry and stuff like that but now im having seizures can you get seizures from meno ? or just fainting ?
i will let you know what my endo says i go see her today .
vickie

Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
(female)

gtts4u HB User

How was your appointment?
I haven't heard of seizures being a symptom. Are they sure that it is seizures? I know you can have "blackouts" from low cortisol. Also, if you have a cortisol problem, that has to be treated before you can treat the thyroid.
As for your female hormones, was the 47.6 your FSH. That is actually very high for that and does indicate menopause. Sometimes if you treat the other hormone problems this will correct itself.
Let us know about your appointment.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

my appt went fine she upped my levoxyl to 50mcgs and all my other tests were normal and the reason they think its seizures is because i did this same thing back when i was 4 yrs old and when i blackout i cant move ,talk or hear i lay there for like 5 mins or longer sometimes less and when i wake up my head hurts so horrible plus i dont remember much about the falling i dont even know its coming i just drop so im going to indianapolis hospital for 4 days aug 27,28,29 and coming home the 30th my head is allways in constant pain nothing works and i fall everyday now and the dr says my ovaries are fine my thyrold being so high makes them worse but even when i didnt have thyrold i was falling to the floor and they say a tramatic avent or stress can bring the seizures back out and i been under soooooooooo much stress since 2002 when my dad died then had the ovary removed then my ex harrassed me for 5 yrs then had me put in jail but the charges were dropped and then got hypo thyrold so thats prob why im having them but soon i will get the help and hope i get my life back..............vickie

Closed Thread